🩷💜 Bandaids

~ Wednesday morning
Cover photo is the story :3

○☆DogDay☆○
My dad took my car today to go run some errands, so I was forced to skateboard to school.
I nervously set the board down on the sidewalk, remembering slowly how to ride it like I did last summer.
I stepped on and wobbled a bit, but got a good rhythm and started to pick up the pace.

Around 10 minutes later, I reached the school, catnap revved his engine, and it startled me, causing me to jump off the board and fall, scraping my knee and cheek on the pavement.
I heard catnap immediately jump out of his car and he rushed towards me as I sat on the ground, holding my cheek with a blank confused look on my face before the dirt snd gravel in the open wounds started to kick in and sting.

" Dogday! I'm so sorry!" He said as he knelt down next to me, grabbed my cheek (opposite as the one with the injury), and held it as he viewed my body for any other injuries or scrapes.
My cheek warmed up, and my heart raced a bit as he held my face. My tail thumbed against the concrete slightly.. I don't know why.
" It's okay! " I mustered out and shyly smiled at him, wincing ad I stretched out my knee.
I fell back a bit and caught myself and catnap pondered for a moment before lifting me up and carrying me bridal style into the school and to the nurses office.
There weren't many people in the school yet, but the people that were here gave us looks.

The nurses office flat out told us to deal with it ourselves, so catnsp burged into the supplies cabinet and grabbed a bandage and a few disinfectant cloths.

I sat on a chair inside the office ( the nurses office and office are connected :3)
Catnap got on his knees in front of my lap, and I felt my body get hot.
He gestured me to lift up my knee, and I gripped the bottom of the chair as the skin on my kne ripped as I bent my kneecap. I let out an audible. " Fuckk.." and winced my eyes shut.
When I opened them, catnap had a guilty and worried look on his face, I could tell he was beating himself up over this.
"This is going to hurt.. are you ready?"
I nodded, and he pressed my knee with a disinfecting spray. I threw my head back and bit my tongue as I held the pain in.

I opened one eye to look at catnap, and he smoothed closer to my lap, more so my knee.. but still.. (I beg to differ ☝️)
My leg started trembling as he was wiping the gravel and dirt away, blood dripping down my calve.(lower leg)
I kept one eye shut closed, and with the other, I stared at catnap, then back at my knee.
Finally, he finished and tore open a beige bandaid and bandaged it. The pain went away almost immediately, but I couldn't bend my knee.
" Now your face, get over here." He said playfully, sitting next to me and turning my face towards him.
He kept his hand fastened on my jawline, supporting my chin with his pinky as he got close to my face and started cleaning the scrape on my cheek.

We were about 2 inches apart, and I felt my face head up immensely, my tail wagging uncontrollably.
He was dead focused on cleaning the wound though, thank God he didn't notice..
After he finished, he put another bandage on my cheek and leaned back, looking at me, a proud look on his face.
" You're all set!" He smiled.
I smiled back at him, and we both stood up, my knee having to be bent a bit so the bandage didn't press against the open skin. (Ouch..)
He walked towards me and embraced me in a hug, wrapping his arms around my neck, which was a little awkward because he was taller then me, so I was engulfed into his neck, but I wrapped my arms around him back.
" I'm sorry for scaring you like that.. I thought it would be funny.." He spoke snd his tail wrapped around my ankle.
" It's seriously fine! Don't beat yourself up over a few scracthes!" I told him, and we pulled apart from each other. I blushed slightly, and he smiled at me, and then we headed to class.