💜Just a hangout.

○☆DogDay☆○

I parked my car in front of my house, shutting it off and sighing before heading inside. Right as I took my shoes off, my dad leaned on the stairs, looking at me expectantly. 

" What do you think you're doing? You have soccer practice in 20 minutes." He voice pitched a bit, obviously annoyed in my presence. 

" I had a hard day.. Do you think I could maybe skip today?" I awkwardly smiled at him as i knelt down to neatly put my shoes on the shoe rack. 

" I don't pay for your soccer scholarship just for you to skip."  I looked up at his face. He had an angry expression. Bold words when the school pays for my scholarships, not you. 

I annoyingly sighed and stood up. " Please? I'm sure it won't affect how I play if I miss one -"

" You're going." He raised his voice at me, making my ears pin back slightly. I furrowed my brows at him and ran upstairs to my room, giving the impression I was going to get ready. As I slipped my jersey on and a pair of shorts, I texted catnap about it, venting to him. Catnap urged me to call him, and so I did.

" I don't want to go! I had baseball and finals yesterday! I got no sleep!" i told him.

" Why not skip?" He suggested.

" You don't think I tried?" I sarcastically told him.

" No, skip. Leave the house in your jersey. I'll pick you up, and we'll go somewhere. If you skip practice, they don't call your parents, right?"  I sat and pondered, my silence giving catnap an answer. 

" I'll be there in 5. Put that jersey on." He giggled, ending the call. I smiled to myself and put my phone in my soccer bag. I ran downstairs, and my dad was sitting on the couch, looking satisfied with me.

" I'm catching a ride with a friend." I told him as I slipped my cleats on, 

" Ight. Don't lose your game. You'll end up like your brother." I winced and glared at him as I heard an engine revving outside my house. I swung the door open and slammed it behind me, hearing a slur of swears coming from inside my house as i leaped into catnaps car giggling. 

" Go! He'll come out!" I laughed, and catnap floored the gas, pinning me against my seat for a few seconds. We both giggled, and I fastened my seatbelt. 

" Your old man doesn't seem so nice, does he?"  I rolled my eyes at him and started scrolling on my phone. 

" Where're we gonna go?" I asked him, glancing at him as he drove without his seatbelt on.

" Anywhere you want. " He smiled smugly and looked at me, his smile fading into a scared face as I gave him a devious smile. 

☆○Catnap○☆
I started to regret my decision to let DogDay pick where  we went. We first stopped at a gas station and got Slurpee's (slushies if ur American), and i watched as dogday bought a packet of gummy worms and poured them into his Slurpee  He advised me to drive to a park, and so I did. 

We sat on a nearby bench together, laughing and talking about everything we missed while we were in school. I started getting fond of dogday, enjoying his presence. After we finished our drinks, he dragged me into going on the swings with him. I watched him and giggled as he tried to flip over the swings bar, i sat still on the swing, honestly impressed at how much energy dogday had.. It is probably due to the sugar rush of adding sour gummy worms into a slushy. 

I got a notification on my phone as i looked down and saw a group chat with me and all the critters. Kickin was talking about a party he was hosting saturdqy night from 6-12. dogday paused, swinging to pull out his phone and look at the notification as well, and his eyes brightened up.