Letter

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Arius rubbed his eyes as he leisurely walked around the hallways after getting done with the day's training.
Lucy skipped between her steps excitedly like a young maiden in love.

" Did you perhaps not sleep well , your highness ?"

She asked with a bright smile anticipating Arius's response . Lucas had done his best yesterday using as minimal as possible amount of mana to heal Arius.

So he was expecting some sort of positive response.

" I heard someone singing "

Arius mumbled softly , remembering about the soft hums and occasional singing.

" Singing ?"

Lucy stopped walking , freezing at the spot getting a flashback .

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

" Geez , I can heal you on spot but it'll be too suspicious"

Lucas sighed heavily looking exhausted , his palm gently grazing over Arius's bruised limbs trying to make the healing look as natural as possible.

After getting the work done Lucas slumped down beside Arius's sleeping form , gently caressing his head. Lucas's eyebrows scrunched taking notice of how thin Arius is for his age.

" ....you should eat more.... honestly.....what do these incompetent servants even feed you ? "

Lucas huffed and tched remembering about the countless hour he had spent in the laundry room with those servants.

As the moon light gently shone over the room , Lucas sat up and sighed again.

A random tune popped inside his head and without a thought he began humming , singing occasionally when he remembered the lyrics . It was a song that the eleven year old Arius always fawned over.

' I still can't find anything special about it '

Lucas thought but continued humming ignoring his voice cracks.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Lucy felt the tip of ears heat up , collecting whatever courage she had , She spoke up.

" How ...how was the singing ?"

Lucy asked , obviously expecting a positive answer.

' it's me who sang it ! Of course it's going to be good !!'

Lucas dramatically flipped his hair in his imagination.

" Oh , it was horrendous"

Arius frowned in distaste.

Crack

Lucy's smile froze , her body still like a statue made out of stone .  Loud thunders roared in Lucas's imagination as embarrassment engulfed his whole being.