How?

A few days had passed since their meeting with Ijikiel, and the three of them gathered in the Emerald Palace for their afternoon tea. Athanasia was leisurely chewing on her pastry when suddenly she realized that she hadn't said goodbye to Ijikiel that day before leaving.

"Oh Lucas! Can you send me to that place from before?" Athanasia asked, referring to the Alpheus estate. She quickly wiped her mouth of any crumbs and stared at Lucas, who was about to refuse.

Arius took a glance at his sister and then at Lucas, who visibly flinched when their eyes met. Arius didn't know why Lucas was acting so scared of him; all he did was pull some hair.

"O-of course! You mean that Mr. White's manor?" Lucas stuttered slightly when his eyes met Arius's. It was clearly obvious to the twins that Lucas didn't want to go through another hair-pulling session.

"Would you like to join too, Arius?" Athanasia asked. Arius shook his head and politely declined her offer.

"I have some things to do. But can you give this to Ijikiel for me?" Arius handed a small pouch to Athanasia, who was about to curiously take a peek inside. It was a locket with a mana stone as its main gem; it provides a shield for the wearer when hostile mana is sensed.

Maybe it was because Ijikiel was one of the few to treat him kindly in his past life; Arius wanted to give this to Ijikiel as thanks even though Ijikiel hadn't done anything for him yet in this life.

Arius had spent quite a bit of effort making this locket. Athanasia's eyes twinkled at the sight of the shining gem; maybe it was because of her past that Athanasia adored shiny things.

Lucas also leaned near to take a peek and raised his eyebrows appraising the small device for protection. It was not bad, in his opinion.

"Athy, stop peeking and close the pouch. Lucas, change her eye color so she doesn't get into trouble if seen," Arius stood from his seat and walked towards Athanasia, taking the pouch from her hand and securely closing it. Lucas snapped his fingers, and Athanasia's jeweled blue eyes turned red, but not as red as Lucas's.

"How do I look?" Athanasia asked with a bright smile. Seeing her smile, Arius also smiled back.

"You look beautiful, Athy. Red suits you perfectly," Arius smiled as he rubbed off the cake crumbs from her cheeks. Athanasia's cheeks flushed from the compliments Arius gave; she felt slightly embarrassed because she's supposed to be the older one, and yet here she is getting flustered from the compliments Arius gave her.

Lucas cringed at the sight of the two siblings acting all cheesy with each other; he had never seen two siblings get along so well.

"Red suits her? What about me then? I must say I'm dashing in any colors, right?" Arius noticed the constant staring of Lucas and somehow knew what Lucas was more likely to think. Even if they were different, in Arius's eyes, Lucas was still Lucas.

"What about me, how do I look?" Lucas asked, batting his eyelashes, momentarily forgetting what had happened the previous time he did this. Athanasia's smile dropped as she cringed at Lucas's behavior.

"You look ugly, of course," Arius replied without giving much thought to Lucas's question. Lucas froze in his seat and was about to protest, but he felt like his hair roots were giving him signals not to engage, warning him that if they were pulled once more, he would go bald. So, Lucas bit his tongue and kicked the ground.