Forever and ever

Time skip

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"1, 2, 3! Bravo, Princess, you're doing great."

Athanasia's dance teacher, Madam Pompidou, exclaimed while politely clapping. Athanasia, who had just done a beautiful turn, smiled at her teacher.

"Really, there is not a single flaw in your steps, Princess! You're the textbook example."

Madam Pompidou clapped with a wide smile on her face, continuously praising Athanasia's dance skills while Athanasia bashfully smiled at her compliments.

Athanasia left the room after bidding goodbye to her teacher and began to search for her brother, Arius. Athanasia wondered how Arius kept on writing thesis after thesis, improving countless books and theories that had flaws.

"We're about to turn fourteen, but he's still smarter than me no matter how much I study."

Athanasia playfully huffed, finding her way towards Arius's private study room in the main palace. Sometimes, Athanasia worried if her brother would become a shut-in since she rarely saw him during the day.

Arius only came out of his study room during the night or early morning for a cup of tea. Athanasia wondered if her brother had turned into a vampire overnight.

She arrived in front of his door and knocked. Since Arius was taking a lot of time, Athanasia tiredly huffed and tried to peek through the keyhole.

"Arius~ do you want to build a snowman?"

Athanasia playfully asked since she thought Arius was not listening to her antics and was asleep. But contrary to her expectations, the door opened and she almost fell down.

"It's summer... what are you talking about, Athy?"

Arius asked, squinting his eyes at the bright light that encased his vision as soon as he opened the door.

"Ahaha, it's nothing."

Athanasia chuckled, taking a peek inside Arius's study room. It was so dark she could barely see anything. Athanasia squinted her eyes, but she could only see the outlines of the furniture.

"...Did you come back from your dance class?"

Arius asked, adjusting her long ribbon that was tied into a bow at the back of her neck.

"If you step on this ribbon, you're going to choke..."

Arius commented, wondering if Athanasia put some thought behind her dresses. Athanasia sheepishly chuckled at Arius's comment; she chose this dress because it looked pretty, so she didn't give much thought to the long ribbon tied loosely around her neck.

"Here you go."

Arius sighed, using magic to cut off the ribbon and making it short enough so it doesn't get in her way while moving around. He even made a cuter bow with the cut-off ribbon and placed it on top of Athanasia's hand. Athanasia looked at Arius's flawless of usage of magic in awe.

"It looks so cute, you're great, Ari!"

Athanasia exclaimed, throwing her arms around Arius for a hug. Arius leaned down a little bit and hugged her back.