-1-

-AUTHOR POV-

A girl is sitting on the bed surrounded by books and papers, totally lost in her studies, not even noticing that she's been at it for straight 2 hours. She flinches as she hears someone barge into her room.

"Wallahi, this girl... Hemsa Appi, take some rest. You'll exhaust yourself this way," said Aiza, concerned for her sister who's neglecting her health due to her studies.

"Just a few more minutes, please. Then I'll surely get ready for the dinner party," Hemsa pleads, squeezing her eyes shut in an attempt to convince her sister to give her a little more time to wrap up her studies.

"Okay, but just 10 minutes, otherwise I'll bring Ammi to scold you," Aiza says, pointing her index finger and looking absolutely adorable, making Hemsa chuckle. Hemsa dramatically sighs. "Okay, my Ammi, see, I'm winding it up," Aiza giggles.

"By the way, Appi, what are you wearing? Did you even decide on your clothes yet?"
Hemsa chuckles nervously while fidgeting with her fingers. "N-no." Aiza widens her eyes.

"WHAT!? Appi, I'm sitting here totally ready in front of you, Bhai is getting ready, Ammi is ready, Abbi is already sitting in the drawing room. Guests will come anytime soon. You don't have much time left. Go and take a bath; I'll prepare your clothes."

She says all this in one breath and rushes towards Hemsa's closet. Hemsa sits dumbfounded but comes to her senses when she realizes how late she is. She quickly gets ready with minimal makeup and wears the dress chosen by Aiza.

-MAEZIL POV-

I just landed in Pakistan. It's been 16 years since I left Pakistan; I was in London. And now, when I finally come back, I'm finding it really weird; the crowd gives me anxiety attacks. Here I am standing in the humongous crowd I've ever seen in my whole life. I call one of my brothers whom I've never talked to. Dad gave me his number so that I won't have any difficulty in finding him to pick me up. And there he is, waving his hand. Without wasting any time, I rush toward him. I am engulfed in a tight hug as soon as I reach him.

"Bhaii... kese hain aap? (Brother... how are you?)"

It will definitely be hard for me to start talking in Urdu again. I sigh and tuck my hands in my pocket. I speak in my usual cold tone, "Mein theek hon... tum kese ho? (I'm fine... what about you?)"

"Alhumdullilah, bhai, I'm fine," I just nod. I don't know why, but ever since I've stepped in here, I've been feeling restless. I quickly sat inside the car while samar load the luggage.

He came inside the car and start driving towards home. It is a peaceful silence now which got broke when Samar speak "Bhai now you're going to settle in Pakistan right?"

"Actually I haven't decided yet." I replied shortly , ending the discussion . We reached home and guards open the gate and everyone was standing in line as if some celebrity is coming to meet them. It definitely will be tough to adjust here.

As I step out of the car, my heart races with anticipation and nerves. The image of my mother waiting for me after 15 long years floods my mind, but as I see her, I can hardly believe my eyes. She looks so different now, with strands of gray in her hair and lines etched on her face, evidence of the years that have passed. Yet, as she opens her arms to embrace me.