-3-

-AUTHOR POV-

A woman in a golden bridal lehenga, appearing as a bride on the chair, her lehenga billowing around her sides. Everyone gazed at the bride in absolute awe, except the groom, who couldn't see her face concealed by a veil and matching hijab.

The groom attempted to catch a glimpse of his bride, but despite his numerous attempts, he couldn't lift his gaze to behold her. His chest tightened. "Do you, Hemsa bint-e-Ahmed Khan, consent to marry Syed Maezil bin Shoaib Sheikh according to Islamic law and the laws of the land?" The bride replied, "Yes! I DO!"

-MAEZIL POV-

I woke up from my dream, breathing heavily. My mind was utterly disturbed now. This was something that had never happened before. I hadn't even attended any Pakistani weddings, so why did everything feel so familiar, like a tradition? Was I going crazy, or just imagining too much?

"HEMSA." Lately, I'd been thinking about her, but this was beyond anything I'd ever imagined. That girl is truly mysterious. Seeing her as my better half in my dream, I still can't shake it off. I glanced at the alarm beside me; it read 5:01 PM. I heard the call to prayer. I wanted to pray and ask Allah why he did this to me, but I refrained because He wasn't there when I needed Him the most. I decided to get ready because Dad and I would leave by 6. I got ready.

I stood before my wardrobe, carefully selecting the attire for my inaugural day as CEO. My fingers brushed over the sleek fabric of a charcoal suit, its lines sharp and commanding. With a nod of satisfaction, I slipped it on, feeling its tailored embrace settle around me like a cloak of confidence.

Next came the crisp white shirt, a canvas for the colorful tie that hinted at the personality beneath the corporate façade. I straightened my tie, ensuring its knot was precise, and cast a critical eye over my reflection. Every detail was in place, from the shine of my shoes to the meticulous styling of my hair.

With a final glance in the mirror, I squared my shoulders and took a deep breath, ready to step into the role that awaited me. Today marked not just the beginning of a new chapter, but a testament to years of hard work and dedication. As I left the room, anticipation thrummed through my veins, mingled with a quiet resolve to lead with integrity and vision.

As I descended the stairs, my father and mother were sitting and discussing something together. I walked towards them and greeted them, "Good morning, Dad and Mum." They greeted me back, "Good morning." "Young man, ready for the day?" I nodded because if I spoke, I would spill the truth that I am actually not ready. It was another decision made without my consent. "Let's have breakfast first," Mum spoke, gaining attention. We headed towards the dining table.

After eating, we left home.

-AHMED POV-

I woke up a few minutes before Fajr. My chest was in a lot of pain. I started breathing heavily. I opened my side drawer and took out my medicine. I gulped down my medicine and left for the mosque without making any noise as the alarm hadn't rung yet. I went to the mosque; there were still 15 minutes until Fajr. I did my ablution and sat on the prayer mat for some time, then stood up to offer two Rakat Nafl, as there was still time for Fajr and the time of Tahajjud had already passed.

During Sujood, I felt immense pain in my heart, and a groan escaped my mouth. I started shaking, tears flowing from my eyes. "Oh Allah! O the most merciful Lord. Is this your call? Are you calling me? Ya Allah, I still have my responsibilities to complete, my Lord. Let me live until the day I complete my responsibility. I will not ask for anything after that, even if you take my breath away right after I complete my responsibility. I know Allah, it's in your hands; you are the All-Knowing. I am nothing but a servant of yours. Indeed, you are the best planner. I only want your allowance of time until I complete my responsibilities."