-4-

-AHMED POV-

Lost in contemplation, I pondered deeply. Could this be Allah's plan unfolding? Perhaps my Rab is orchestrating events behind the scenes. Is this a sign from you, my Allah? I find myself unable to immediately accept or reject the proposal.

"Shoaib, I'd like to consider your son, but first, I must consult my daughter. She's turning 21 this month and may have her own aspirations. I'll confirm with you after discussing it with my family."

"No rush, Ahmed. But you know, I aim to have them married off by next month." I nodded in agreement. "Very well, I'll await your reply. Until then, farewell, brother." We exchanged farewells, and I saw him off to his car. "Fi Amaan Allah! Allah hafiz, my brother," I said, embracing him. "Khuda hafiz, Ahmed."

Back inside, I retreated to my room, intending to read the Quran for solace. As I immersed myself in its verses, my wife entered, visibly weary. "Aish, it's been a hectic day. Why did Shoaib visit at this hour?" I closed the Quran after reciting a verse and kissed its cover, touching it to my forehead. "There's something important I need to discuss with you."

"What is it, Ahmed?" She laid a comforting hand on mine. "Shoaib... He came because..." I hesitated to broach the topic. "He's asked for our daughter hand for Maezil." Humaira nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation. "When will you speak to Hemsa about it?" Though my expression tensed, I remained composed. "He wants our daughter Aiza for Maezil."

"What? But isn't Maezil too old for her?" She voiced a valid concern. However, age mattered little, for our beloved Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W.W) married Hazrat Aisha (R.A) when she was only six years old, with the Prophet being 53.

REFERENCE:

It was also narrated via another chain by al-A'mash, from Ibrahim, from al-Aswad, from 'Aishah, who said: "The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) married 'Aishah when she was six years old and consummated the marriage with her when she was nine years old, and he died when she was eighteen .

Islamic sources of the classical era list Aisha's age at the time of her marriage as six or seven and nine or ten at its consummation. In a hadith from Sahih al-Bukhari, Aisha recollects having been married at six years of age.

"Begum, age is not the crucial factor here. What matters most is our daughter's consent. After all, Hazrat Aisha was merely six when she married our Prophet." I couldn't help but smile, knowing how her face lights up at the mention of Allah or the Prophet.

"You're right, my dear husband. Now, when and how will you approach Aiza about this?" I sighed, knowing the task ahead would be daunting. I stretched my arms and pulled my beloved wife into an embrace, watching as she closed her eyes in contentment. After engaging in dhikr and praying fervently to Allah for guidance, I drifted off to sleep, trusting in His wisdom to guide our path toward what is best for both our lives.

-AUTHOR POV-

Ahmed stood before Aiza's door, lightly tapping before stepping inside at her call. She was engrossed in crafting a stunning dress, her talent evident as a fashion designer.

"Oh Abbi, you're here! Everything alright?" She greeted him, pins held between her lips and fingers as she hugged him sideways. Ahmed tenderly caressed her head and beckoned her to sit beside him on the bed. "Abbi now spill the tea you're scaring me now." Aiza said jokingly.

"Aish, my playful princess. What I'm about to say is both your uncle Ahmed's and my request." He began, his tone gentle. Aiza hummed, her curiosity piqued. She wonder what it can be about.