16| Shifting to Anantara Kutir

Author's POV

In the afternoon, Annahita decided to wake up Adhiraj for lunch. She went to the guest room and gently patted Adhiraj.

"Sarkaar, wake up. It's lunchtime now" said Annahita while attempting to wake up Adhiraj.

Adhiraj slowly opened his eyes and found Annahita standing in front of him. He took a breath, captivated by her proximity.

"Let's go. Maa baba are waiting for you in the hall. They just came back, so I couldn't tell them about your injury" explained Annahita as she helped Adhiraj sit up.

Adhiraj didn't say anything and headed to the washroom to freshen up.

"Where are you going?" asked Annahita.

"To wash my face, jaan. I feel groggy right now," replied Adhiraj.

"Let me help you. How will you wash your face with one hand and that too your left hand?" said Annahita as she followed him.

Adhiraj grinned, enjoying her care. Annahita assisted him in wiping his face, and together they made their way downstairs.

Tripti's eyes widened with concern as she observed Adhiraj's fractured hand. She bombarded him with questions about the incident, worried about his well-being. Digvijay, too, expressed his concern, noting that Adhiraj seemed perfectly fine in the morning.

Before Annahita could respond, Adhiraj took charge of the situation. He calmly explained that he had slipped on the stairs, causing the fracture. A subtle, yet clear, shake of his head towards Annahita indicated that she should refrain from revealing the truth.

Tripti, still worried, cautioned Adhiraj to be more careful. She took it upon herself to serve him food, feeding him with motherly care. Annahita, respecting the unspoken agreement, sat down to have her meal, observing the intricate dynamics of the moment. The atmosphere in the dining area was a blend of concern, care, and the unspoken understanding between Adhiraj and Annahita.

Adhiraj suddenly declared, "Maa, Annahita is moving to Anantara Kutir with me and Nandini today."

Tripti, taken aback, questioned with a frown, "What do you mean by that? Why would she stay there when she is staying with us?"

Digvijay also joined in, expressing his agreement with Tripti.

"Maa, he is unwell, and I get bored all day at home. I will help him with his work" explained Annahita, trying to convince Tripti.

After a lot of persuasion, they both reluctantly agreed. Digvijay added a touch of melodrama, saying, "Don't forget us both after moving there, Anna."

Adhiraj scoffed at his statement and rolled his eyes, saying, "Baba, she is going just to the next house, not another country."

Digvijay, in his usual dramatic fashion, retorted, "Oh, you shut up. You don't know anything. When you have your own daughter, then only you will understand my situation."

Adhiraj, unfazed by the melodrama, simply started to enjoy some desserts.

_____________

As Annahita was preparing to move to Anantara Kutir, the atmosphere in the house became a mix of emotions. Tripti, although concerned, couldn't deny that Adhiraj needed assistance in his current state.

Digvijay, still holding onto his dramatic flair, advised Annahita, "Take good care of this stubborn boy. He might act tough, but he needs someone to keep him in check."

Adhiraj, rolling his eyes at his father's words, quipped, "Baba, I'm not a child. I can take care of myself."

Tripti, finally warming up to the idea, smiled at Annahita, "Take care of both of them, beta. And make sure Adhiraj doesn't trouble you too much. And don't let Nandini get into more trouble. That girl is going astray nowadays."