27| First Kiss

ऐसा नहीं है कि मेरी नज़रें
पहले किसी से मिली नहीं
लेकिन तुझसे जो मिली है,
ये नज़रें फिर किसी और पे गई नहीं

~ Adhiraj

ऐसा नहीं है कि मेरी नज़रें पहले किसी से मिली नहीं।लेकिन तुझसे जो मिली है, ये नज़रें फिर किसी और पे गई नहीं                                                                                          ~ Adhiraj

Nandini rummage through her wardrobe and found two dresses that looked the most decent in her eyes because she didn't own anything that might look decent on anyone else. Only she had the ability to wear anything and make it look good.

"Agar tere Bhai ne aise dress mein dekh liya toh kahin heart attack naa aa jaye unko." laughed Annahita, knowing that they rarely wore short or one-piece dresses in front of anyone besides them.
(If your brother sees us in those dresses, he might have a heart attack)

"That's the plan," replied Nandini, grinning at her.

"How will we sneak out? Is Kaali bhaiya home today? Should we let Adhiraj know where we're going?" asked Annahita.

"Don't worry about him. I'll handle it. Just get ready, and then we'll head out tonight," assured Nandini.

Annahita nodded and laid down on her bed, gazing at the ceiling.

"Why are you trying so hard?" asked Annahita.

"Because I want to enjoy myself. And my brother won't let us go out alone at night," replied Nandini.

"I'm not asking about that, Nandu. You know what I'm talking about. So tell me, why are you trying so hard?" pressed Annahita.

Nandini stopped what she was doing and lay down beside her, watching the ceiling.

"I don't want to wake up one day and regret not even trying because of my pride and embarrassment. I need to do this for my heart and soul. I need to try one last time before I give up on my love and him forever," said Nandini, her voice tinged with sadness and longing for her lover.

"This time you'll succeed because this time there is no way he can back off from this situation," said Annahita.

Nandini didn't say anything, and silence prevailed. The evening hue of the sun spread in the room through the window. They both soon slept like that.