25| Dil ki baatein 💗

Annahita sat in the room with Nandini, attempting to persuade her against inviting Veeransh and his family for their marriage alliance

"Nandu, please reconsider. Marrying someone you don't love won't lead to happiness. A marriage without love can't flourish," Annahita urged.

Nandini's frustration was palpable as she retorted, "Then what should I do? How much should I beg Shivaay to accept me? He's ready to marry someone else despite loving me, so why can't I?"

"Let's talk to him and understand his reasons. I'm sure he'll listen to us," Annahita suggested, trying to calm Nandini.

"He won't. Otherwise, he would've agreed long ago. Just let it be. Veeransh is a good guy, and we are friends," Nandini concluded, shutting down the discussion due to her frustration.

Before Annahita could say anything else, Nandini shifted the conversation. "Forget about my problems. Tell me, what have you decided?"

"About what?" Annahita feigned innocence.

"About Adi Bhai's proposal," Nandini clarified.

Annahita's cheeks warmed at the mention of Adhiraj, but she maintained her composure. "I want to be with him, but..." She trailed off, unsure of how to express her concerns.

"But what?" Nandini pressed.

"But he might be upset after I said no. What should I do?" Annahita admitted her worry.

"Bhai upset with you? Impossible," Nandini scoffed, dismissing Annahita's concern.

"But you should make some effort too," Nandini advised.

"Effort?" Annahita questioned.

Nandini leaned in closer and whispered, "Yes, you should propose Bhai. Properly."

Annahita blushed at Nandini's suggestion. "But how can I propose to him?"

"Don't act timid in front of me," Nandini teased, rolling her eyes. "Sometimes, a girl should take the first step in love if she truly feels for the man."

Annahita pondered over Nandini's words, realizing the truth in them. "Then what should I do? How should I propose to him?" she asked, her voice tinged with excitement.

As they delved into planning and plotting, time flew by quickly.

"Okay, let me arrange everything in one hour. Let's go, I'm so excited," said Nandini, urging Annahita to move quickly.

Annahita rolled her eyes at Nandini's excitement and retorted, "I'm going to propose to him. What are you so excited about?"

"You won't understand. Now, let's go quickly," replied Nandini, and they both hurried off to prepare for the surprise.