28| Adhiraj in saree

“Jaanam, change your dress in the wardrobe area," said Adhiraj, pulling her up with him towards the wardrobe

Jaanam, change your dress in the wardrobe area," said Adhiraj, pulling her up with him towards the wardrobe. She was rummaging through her cupboard when she found her saree. She grinned mischieviously and looked at him.

Adhiraj raised his eyebrows in question, and she showed him the saree."Jaana koi tshirt pehen lo, saree comfortable nahi hogi” said Adhiraj.
("Jaana, wear a t-shirt instead, a saree won't be comfortable,")

She picked up the saree and said, “nahi, ise aap pehno
("No, you wear this.")

Adhiraj looked at her as if she had grown horns on her head.
"Pagal ho gyi ho nashe mein? Hum kyu pehnenge saree” he said.
("Are you crazy? Why would I wear a saree?”)

"No, no, you wear this. I want to see you in a saree," insisted Annahita.

"Jaana, hum kaise saree pehen sakte hai?”Adhiraj tried to reason with her, but she wasn't in the mood to listen.
("Jaana, how can I wear a saree?" )

She tucked one end of the saree into his pants, and Adhiraj looked at her in amusement but held her hands to stop her and said, "Jaana, I can't wear a saree."

Annahita looked at him with a pout, tears filling her eyes. Adhiraj panicked at her crying face, holding her face in his palms, and said, "Ro kyu Rahi ho ? Jaan aise toh matt karo. Humara dil baith jata hai tumhare aansu dekh ke
("Why are you crying? Don't do this. My heart breaks seeing your tears.")

"Jhooth. Aap mujhe pyaar hi nahi karte” Annahita said, trying to move away.
("Lies. You don't love me," )

"Aur ye kisne kaha tumse ?" asked Adhiraj.
("Who told you that?" )

"Kisi ko kehne ki zarurat kya hai? Mujhe dikhta hai. Aap ek saree bhi nahi pehen sakte mere liye ?" Annahita said, tears flowing continuously.
("Why do I need anyone to tell me? I can see it. You can't even wear a saree for me")

Adhiraj sighed at her words and said, "Achha pehle rona band karo. Tum Jo kaho hum karenge lekin rou matt
("Okay, first stop crying. Whatever you say, I'll do, but please don't cry.")

"Really?" asked Annahita.

Really” said Adhiraj

Promise?” asked Annahita while forwarding her pinky finger for promise.

"Yes, I promise," said Adhiraj, intertwining his pinky finger with hers.

Annahita smiled at his words and stopped crying. She proceeded to drape the saree with full concentration, while Adhiraj watched, amused.

"Jaana next time humein goli maar dena par ye sab matt karwana" Adhiraj joked as he watched her draping him in a saree.
("Jaana, next time shoot me but don't make me do this")