The Day I Fell

I love my father and brothers more than anything in heaven. So when one of them is in trouble, I will not hesitate to help them in any way I can.

I am the eldest among my siblings. Lucifer, being fathers favorite, would constantly get into trouble for pranks with Gabriel and come out with a slap on the wrist.

Until one day, he went too far.

It was a normal day...

You were sitting and laughing during lunch. Just like any other day, the angels have an idea. They want to create a whole world where it would be a beautiful garden and people. In the image of Father, we're happy.

Lucifer enjoyed this idea so much that he wanted to help, but the other archangels dismissed him. It hurt to see him being dismissed by my siblings.

Being the eldest isn't always easy. I will always defend my brothers, no matter what.

"Brothers, we should let lucifer in on this too." I say firmly.

"Why? He'll probably just mess 2ith our creations." Michael says.

"He has lots of ideas.We just need to give him a chance." I place my hand on my brothers shoulder and look him in the eyes. "If anything happens, I will take responsibility for lucifer."

"You'll have to tell Father."

"I'm okay with that. I'll go tell him now!" I expand my wings and shoot up with a lot of force. It'll only take a moment to convince him.

"Y/n, I was wondering when you would appear." He speaks clearly.

"Father, I would like your permission to bring Lucifer in on our Earth plan. I believe he would really enjoy helping us plan for the gardens."

"I'm afraid I can not allow that to my child."

"What?" I pause, "Why?"

"Too much would come from that. Lucifer, as much as I love him, is troublesome. That is not our plan for this Earth." He states. Father moves to the balcony of his room. "I understand he feels captivated by your stories and wants to make them a reality, but they are too much they need to stay stories."

"If that is true, then why not let him stay and kick me out of the plans? I'm willing to give up my spot for him." Not a lie. I will do anything to make sure my brothers have smiles on their faces.

"I understand you wish the best for Lucifer. I'm, I will not be able to let him corrupt our idea."

"He won't corrupt anything!" I raise my voice, "Lucifer is a sweet child, your child. How can you say you will corrupt something?"

"This conversation is over." He waves his hand to dismiss me.

"Maybe for you, it is, but it isn't for me. I still have more to say on this subject. Lucifer will not corrupt anything."

"You and Lucifer, both will never be in on our plans for Earth." He states firmly. "That is final."

I storm out of his room.

How can he do that? Lucifer would never corrupt Earth. He's just a dreamy little man. I need to stop calling him a kid.

How can Father even consider that his own children would destroy one of the very things he's trying to create.

It almost feels like he's setting us up to fail. How can I say that?

Father loves us. He loves me, he loves Lucifer. He loves all of us.

"Sister?" A familiar voice pulls me from my thoughts.

"Lucifer." I look down at him. Why he's small I have no idea. I think I consider him the little runt of the family. Maybe that's why I still consider him a child. He surely acts like one.