Chapter 8

I pay attention to the TV, waiting for him to come back so we can cuddle some more. I hear the fridge close, so he's not pooping.

After a few minutes, he comes back in the room. He turns the light on. "Ahh, my eyes." I say, nonchalantly. "Shh." I look down at the bunches of stuff he got. "Look at what I found." I see a couple beers in there, and that's all. "I got four beers, chocolate milk, cupcakes, bean dip, sabritones, tortilla chips, and a big bottle of margarita." My eyes widen, "Woah, I am hungry." I sit up, ready to feast. He gives me two beers and sets up our little "meal". He turns the lights off, then plots down right next to me. My stomach roars. We make eye contact, and he snaps. Confused, I wait for something to happen. The lights suddenly turn off. "Woah.." I gasp with amazement. He opens a bag of chips impatiently. I focus on the TV, ignoring my stomach telling me to eat. "You want some?" He offers. "Uhh, no I'm good." He dips a chip, and then shoves it in my mouth, scratching my bottom lip. "Oops."

We're halfway don't with the bag of chips when he pops open two beers on the coffee table. "Here." He hands me the beer. "Why thank you." He glares at me while I take the first sip. I never was a fan of beer, my mother is an alcoholic after all. I'll drink it though. "Wanna see who can finish their's first?" He challenges me. "Hell yeah!" I'm always down for a challenge. If I can down a bottle of vodka, beer is nothing to me. "Three... Two... One..." I finish the beer in about four seconds, leaving him choked up on his drink. He, still halfway done, stares down at me with amazement and concern. "How are you already finished?!" He shouts. "Well.." I shrug. I hand him another beer, signaling for him to open it for me. He does, and I chug it like I had just did. He's still on his first beer. I feel a sudden cold hand on my neck. I flinch, my hair swishing with my sudden movement. "What happened?" "Nothing." That's a lie. I focus on the TV, hoping for that hand to leave me alone. Eventually, it does.

I glare at the TV, getting goosebumps and shivers from the tension. I can tell he feels it too from the way he glances over at me every few seconds. He glances over at me another time, this time it's different. His eyes never wander away from me, just focused on me. I can feel his intense stare poking at me. I turn over to him. "You okay?" He doesn't answer. After a few seconds, he turns back over to the TV. It goes quiet, I feel peaceful. I thought he was gonna do something wierd as fuck. He doesn't look at me, but I can see from the corner of my eye his hand sliding toward mine. I let him hold my hand. I can see a childish little grin form on his face. I don't know why he likes these kinds of things, to me it's just holding hands. Now he's sliding both of our hands toward him. My heart starts to pound. What is he doing? Focusing on our hands from the corner of my eye, I get anxious. I don't wanna have sex again right now. I'm not ready. I just lost my virginity twice in one morning. He traces our hands up to his lips, kissing on the back of my palm. I feel my face starting to flush, from the tension and from the anxiety. He looks me in my eyes, this one I can't describe. He looks up at me, him slumped back into the pillow. "Can you get a little closer? I miss you already. " I do what he says with a smile. It's almost like no matter how close I get to him, it's not close enough for him. I love him, for sure. I can feel it. Cuddling up to his neck, he looks down at me. That same look I can't describe. It's almost like I'm glowing super bright, and he's the only person who sees it. I can even see the glow in his eyes. He folds his hand over mine, his warm hands over and under my one. His hands are so muscular, his hands are not as large as I expected them to be. I never paid attention to it, our hands are almost the same size. "I love you, Forest. "  I look at him with a look of shock. "Do you love me too?" I met this guy yesterday, should I say it back? He should know if he loves me, I don't think he's faking. But I do love him. I do but, why am I hesitating? You know you do. "I do love you too. "