Chapter Eleven

“I wish I knew how to quit you.”

BrokeBack Mountain by Annie Prou

Five Days Earlier.....

Ray's room

After Raphael had left the room, Ray stirred awake as his eyes fluttered open. He sat up on the bed and felt a little strange with his body. His head felt light and his body felt as if it went through a transformation. His neck and back ache for being in one position for a long time and he felt very thirty.

Thankfully he saw a glass of water beside him on the night stand which he took immediately and drank all of it queching his thirst.

He had just dropped the cup back on the night stand when he heard his father talking to someone in an angry voice and he wondered which guard or servant that had angered him.

He didn't want to know what was going on as he decided to lay back on the bed for a little while but the next words he heard from his father confused him.

“ I told you both that if my son is not awake by today I'll slit both your throats and now I won't go back on my words ” He said.

Who was he talking to ?

And what did he mean by If he didn't wake up by today, did something happened to him ?

And then he heard a familiar voice he had heard before “ Please don't do this Lord Tristan ” He immediately got out of bed and rushed out of the room into the balcony and he looked down only to see his father about to kill a girl whose face was wet with her tears and he recognized her immediately and he stopped his father before he could slit her throat.

“ What's going on here Dad ” He said and Lord Tristan's hand stopped an inch away from Chloe's neck.

All eyes turned to look at Ray who was now walking down the stairs until he got to where they are with a confused expression on his face.

Ray stared from his father to the two girls he knew from school and then he looked at his father who was giving him a shocked look as though he was just seeing him for the first time which got him more confused.

“ Ray is it really you ” Tristan asked to be sure it wasn't one of the witch tricks to decieve him.

“ What kind of question is that dad, Did something happened ? ” Ray said.

“ Raphael come over here and check if he's perfectly fine ” Tristan said to the healer.

“ What ? Don't come close to me I said I'm fine ” Ray said in an annoyed voice and then he looked at Chloe and Bel who were still kneeling down “ What the hell are you two doing here ” He asked but before Chloe could say anything Tristan beat her to it.

Tristan told Ray all that happened even before he passed out and Ray said he didn't remember anything of what his father had just told him.

“ Ray ” Chloe called grabbing his attention “ I didn't bewitched you someone else did in school ” She said and as if Ray remembered something he furrowed his brows.

“ I remembered ” He said.

“ Remembered what ? ” Tristan asked.

“ I remembered coming to school this morning and I was conered by some girls but before I could ask them what’s happening the girl who stood in front of me blew some black dust particles into my eyes and I heard her saying some magic spells and after that I didn't know what happened next ”

“ It wasn't this morning Ray, this happened to you two days ago, today's sunday ” Bel who had been quiet for a while spoke up.

“ Two days ago ? What do you mean by that ? ” Ray asked surprised.