1

"Can you get the cupcakes out for me?" Miriam asked.

"Yeah, sure!" Jake answered.

He walked to get some fresh, strawberry cupcakes from the tray. He really did want to eat them but Miriam probably wouldn't allow him to.

"Who are they for?" Jake asked.

"I don't know, it's a new person." Miriam said.

He was just walking to the counter to serve the cupcakes but then...

He had just seen the cutest boy ever. Wait what, he wasn't gay what is he even on about. He couldn't help but stare at him, his fluffy jet-ski hair colour, his teal-blue eyes and his-

"Hello?" said the boy. "Oh, uh sorry, just been stress lately." Jake lied. "It's alright." the boy said. Jake gave him the strawberry cupcake. He took a bite out of the cupcake. "This is delicious! You make this yourself?" the boy asked, amused. "Well kinda, Miriam, another baker, helps me as well." Jake replied with a grin. "By the way. what's your name?" the boy asked. "Jake, and you?" "Tom. Well it was nice meeting you Jake but I have to go, see you later!" 

The mysterious boy left the bakery.

Jake's POV:

Damn, I think I may've bet the cutest boy ever. Did I mention how majestical his voice is. And that-

"Earth to Jake." Ellie teased. She's my best friend. We do tease a lot but that's a best friend thing for us.
"Can I ask you a question?" she asked "Yeah sure!" "How come you was blushing so much with that masked boy?" Shit, was I blushing that badly. "What do you mean?" "Look, I took a picture." Yep, I was blushing, a deep red. "Because, it's uh, hot?" "It's literally -2 degrees (28.4 Fahrenheit) how can you be hot." "Well I didn't blush it in that way!" "Sureee." Ellie said with a smirk on her face. God Jake, why was you even blushing at Tom, you barely know him anyways."Anyways, do you wanna come to mine? Gabby, Drew and Dan is coming as well." "Yeah, sure."

"Miriam, do you mind if I leave for work earlier?" I ask. "Not at all." Miriam said with a smile.

Ellie doesn't live to far away from the bakery. As we walk there Ellie just had to say something about me and Tom.

"Guys, guess what! I saw Jake blushing at a boy in a bakery." Ellie said. "What?" Dan said, shocked, mouth wide open. "Yeah, I even have a pic!" she said, showing the picture on her phone.

Goddamn it.

"So you're gay?" Drew writes in his notebook. "No...I'm not gay and I didn't mean to blush in that way."

"Sure buddy." Ellie teased.

The four of us were just chatting until I accidentally bump into Tom. Shit.

"Oh, sorry Tom." I apologised. "No problem," Tom said with a smile "Hey, aren't you Jake from the bakery?" "Oh, uh, yeah, I am." "Your cupcakes are really nice!" "Thanks!" I try my hardest not to blush. 

I notice Ellie, Dan and Drew all smirking. Looks like I'm gonna have a hard time explaining what's happening.

"Since you two look like you're getting along well, Tom, if that's your name, would you like to hang out with Jake and his friends?" Ellie asked. "Sure! I just need to do some small groceries." "What a coincidence, Jake needs to go get some groceries too!" Ellie says, sliding a 5 dollar/pound note in my hand. Was she trying to get me and Tom along? I mean, I would thank her but then that means she would know I like Tom. Why do I even have a crush on some random boy I don't even know?