𝜗𝜚 chapter six 𝜗𝜚

as merry as the days were long, i was right and you were wrong

May 14th 2021

At the crack of dawn, Amilia was awoken by her best friend drunkenly barging into her room.

"Charlotte? Is that you?" she asks the darkness. Before she can get an answer she gets a whiff of alcohol directly in her face.

"Amilia~" her friend says, breathing her hot air into her nose. She turns on a light and finds Charlotte sitting in front of her with a big, drunk grin on her face.

"What happened?" the girl asks her friend worryingly.

"That man," she starts, as she crawls to the foot if her friends bed with her back turned to her, "He. Can. Party." Charlotte finishes with a drunk giggle.

"Christ, you had me worried, mate! Why did you come home so late? Where did you go?"

Silence.

"Charlotte?"

Snores.

Amilia just nods her head in understanding, turning the light off and getting herself comfy again to go back to sleep.

A loud yelp was heard from the kitchen which abruptly woke up Charlotte, who was now hungover. As she looks around to recognise her surroundings she remembers what had happened last night.

She for sure clubbed with her future husband.

Sitting up wasn't the best idea as the curtains had been opened and the sun was blaring into her eyes, blinding her. If she didn't have a headache she would have one now.

Lifting herself from the bed, she stumbles towards where the sound had come from. The smell of eggs made its way towards Charlottes nose which only intrigued her more.

"What happened? What is going on?" she grumbled to her friend. She noticed she was sucking her hand.

"Nothing. Just the oil attacking me for no reason, so." Her friend answers back. Amilia thought it'd be a good ideas for her to make her friend and herself breakfast as the past few mornings had been very depressing butter on toast situations.

On a plate in front of her, she found sausages, potato scones, black pudding, bacon, and a small circle of haggis. "The eggs are just coming, as soon as the oil stops being angry." she smiles.

"How the hell did you get haggis? And black pudding??"

"Well, i had my mum send us some over like, two weeks ago or something, and they were here when i came home. Super convenient" Amilia laughs.

"Oh! After this, i need to fill you in on what happened, because, like, girl. Oh my god!" Charlotte begins. She grinning the whole way through and Amilia notices this. She hasn't seen Charlotte this happy in forever.

"And-" she gulps down her food, "When i went to go into the car, to like, sit in it, you know, he opened the door for me!!" she squeals, hitting her friend in the arms and covering her face with her hands. "But, also, when the cab got here, our flat, he stepped out- and at first i was confused- but then i saw he was in front of my door and then he opened it for me again!!" she squeals again, this time with no violence.