𝜗𝜚 chapter eleven 𝜗𝜚

and you're hard on yourself, and your laugh, it just melts in my hands

May 16th 2021

As the day before, the beaming soon-to-be-summer sun shines its way through the window, waking only Charles up. His opening eyes and eyelashes brush against something that resembles hair. He opens his eyes fully, and moves back a little bit to observe what it is.

It was Amilia.

She was wrapped in his arms with her back facing him. And she looked so peaceful, he thought. He sat up properly this time, being careful not to wake her, and really looked at her this time.

The window facing them made her skin glow in a beautiful way. He smiles to himself.

How is she so gorgeous?

He then grabs his phone and checks the time. It's half eight. Carefully, he slides out of the bed and lightly steps towards the door. He ever-so-slightly opens it and slips through the small crack that he had made.

Charles made himself and Amilia breakfast. Natural Greek yogurt with berries, granola, oats, honey, chocolate chips and a few different types of nuts. Simple, yet tasty and healthy.

Out of habit, he whacks the spoon on the bowl to get the extra yogurt off, only realising the mistake he made immediately after he did it. He slowly walked back to his room and peaked through the door. She was still sound asleep, just taking up more of the bed now.

He places her breakfast in the fridge for her later and grabs his laptop to do some boring work. He had emails to answer and people to talk to. The whole time he was working she was still sleeping.

He checked the time again. Quarter to ten. It was about time he had to shower. Unfortunately, this meant he had to go into his room to grab clean clothes and also unfortunately, his drawers were incredibly loud to open.

In his best attempt at walking quietly, he makes it to the door when suddenly it flies open. Out steps a girl; Amilia.

For some reason Charles acts as if he was inspecting the walls and starts being all awkward. She laughs at this.

"What are you doing?"

"Err, i thought there was a hole, uh, here." he points. Her tired self laughs again at this joke.

"What are you really doing, Charles?"

"I was trying to be quiet to not wake you up, you know? I needed to get fresh clothes for after my shower."

"Right okay, you go do that then. I'm gonna make some breakfast." she claps and rubs her hands together.

"No need, it's in the fridge." he smirks. His eyes watches her as she moves confusingly towards his fridge. Out she pulls is a bowl of yogurt and different ingredients layered on top of it. She places it down and walks towards him. The girl lifts her arms and places it around his neck, hugging him.

"Thank you, Charles." she says as he pats her back. When she pulls back he's smiling. She also glances back and forth between his eyes and lips as they look at each other.

They both lean closer, and closer, before she swerves out of the way.

"I've got morning breath, no kisses." she wags her finger in his face. He just stares at her in disbelief. He was basically just denied a kiss.

The man only frowns in disappointment before she swiftly moves towards the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

After she comes out they swap places; Charles was now in the bathroom and Amilia was now in the living room. Sitting with her breakfast on her lap she admires the room around her. All of the artwork on the wall, and a couple of large shelves hanging from the wall displaying all of his trophies and medals he's won throughout his entire career. All the way from karting to Formula One.