27. Boyfriend

I buried my head in my hands, groaning. What have I done?

My screen still displayed Finn's name. With that damned heart. Speaking of which, my heart wasn't doing too well at the moment.

I'd been running away from Finn without meaning to. It was never my intention to avoid him.

But everytime I saw him, my heart almost burst out of my chest. I would get tongue tied, and have nothing to say. It scared me, it scared me so much.

If I said the wrong thing, things would get awkward forever.

That thought pained me more than I expected. I shot a look towards the cactus on my desk.

Did I like him?

Yes.

But I used to like Jeremy too. I cringed at the very thought of him.

Yet, I'd never felt this happy, this nervous, this tongue tied around him. My feelings for Finn far surpassed anything I'd felt before.

"Oh no, Mr. Cactus." I whispered. "I don't like Finn."

I gulped as I realized it.

"I love him."

At that exact moment, by some weird coincidence, my door flew open and my eyes shot up. Finn.

He walked into my room, his eyes set in a hard gaze. What...?

He slammed the door shut behind him and walked towards me, slowly. Like a predator.

"How- how did you get in here?"

He tilted his head. "Sebastian."

For every step he took, I took a step backwards, until I hit the wall. He didn't stop until he was so close I could hear his heavy breathing. He rested his hand on the wall beside my head and leaned in. I felt a shiver run down my spine as his eyes darkened.

My back was pressed against the wall, and our faces were merely inches away. He gently placed a finger below my chin and tilted my face upward. I tried my best to avoid his gaze.

"Look at me, Sebastian."

I slowly met his piercing brown eyes, and my throat went dry.

He leaned in, and I shut my eyes as my heartbeat grew erratic. I could feel his hot breathing near my ear.

"Do I make you nervous?"

I gulped. He gently caressed my jaw.

"Why have you been avoiding me, darling?"

My face grew hot and I couldn't hold it in anymore. My chest was about to burst. It was all too much for me. His touch was too much for me to handle calmly.

I opened my eyes and yelled it out.

"Because I'm in fucking love with you, Finn."

The moment those words left my mouth I regretted it. Oh my god, what had I done?

I covered my face with my hands, completely mortified. I was close to tears and did not want him to see me this way.

I could feel him gently pry my hands away, but I kept my eyes shut, too embarassed to face him. I drew in a sharp breath when he placed his forehead on mine, my hands locked tightly in his iron grip.

"God, Sebastian. You have no idea how long I've waited to hear those words."

And right then, his lips crashed onto mine, and nothing else mattered.

I gasped in suprise, as I kissed him back. His hand gripped the back of my neck as he somehow pulled me even closer. My hands moved on their own accord, my fingers tangled up in his hair.

We finally pulled away when we were out of breath. We stared at each other in silence, breathing heavily.

He looked down at me, sighing softly. Before I could say anything, he wrapped his arms around me in a warm hug.

"Ah." He pulled himself away and cupped my face. "Sebastian. I love you too."

He bent down and captured my lips once more. I think I could've passed out.

I leaned into his chest, wrapping my arms around his waist, sighing in pure bliss.

"I can't believe this." I mumbled, my words muffled.

"Neither can I, love." He replied. My heart skipped a beat. He noticed my face turning red and smirked.

"You like that name, hm?"

I nodded, suddenly feeling shy. I buried my face in his neck in embarassment.

I yelled in surprise when he suddenly grabbed the back of my thighs and hoisted me up.

I instinctively wrapped my legs around him as he lifted me up with ease.

"What are you doing, Finn?"

He carried me over to my bed and placed me down, before getting in himself and cozying up next to me.

"I just want to be close to you."

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and I rested my head on his chest, giggling softly.

I looked up to see him already looking at me with the most fond look in his eyes. He booped my nose.

"You're cute, Sebastian."

We stayed like that for a while, his hand running through my hair.

"By the way, your mom let me up here."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course she did."

He grinned. "Aren't you happy she did?"

I smiled back. "Very happy."

The rare occasion when my mother's acts worked out well. I suddenly felt a surge of guilt run through me when I realised I'd pretty much brushed Finn off the whole week.

I took his hand in mine and sighed softly. "I'm so sorry, Finn. I was pretty much ignoring you the whole week. I swear that wasn't my intention, but I feel so bad. I'm so, so-"

He bent down and shut me up with a gentle kiss. I calmed down instantly and looked into his eyes, almost forgetting what I was saying.

He caressed my hair again, and I relaxed into him. "It's okay, Sebastian."

He paused and gave me a pointed look. "You better not do that again, though. We will always talk things out, okay? No bottling everything up and running away."

I nodded and looked up at him.

"So, does this mean we're boyfriends now?"

He continued messing up my hair. "Do you want it to?"

I looked at him suspiciously. "Do you want it to?"

He pinched my cheek lightly. "There's nothing more I've wanted from the past few months."

I started blushing again and hit his chest lightly. "You say the cutest things."

He pulled me in so I was laying on his chest, cuddling. "Only for the cutest boy."

"Boyfriend." I mumbled. "I have a boyfriend!" I giggled, covering my face.

He kissed the top of my head. "Yes, boyfriend."