41 - 50

Chapter 41

8 p.m., Beicheng Airport.

Shen Bin had been waiting for about forty minutes when he finally saw Chen Huaixiao emerge from the terminal.

Dressed in a formidable suit that blended into the night, Chen's handsome features and tall, straight figure made him stand out conspicuously amongst the crowds.

Shen Bin waved at Chen Huaixiao, "Mr. Chen, over here!"

Chen Huaixiao's gaze calmly swept over him as he looked around, as if searching for something.

Shen Bin walked over and took the black suitcase from his hand, "Mr. Chen, are you waiting for your wife? She won't be coming. She's filming night scenes for the campus drama 'Next Station, Waiting for You'."

Chen Huaixiao's expression visibly cooled, his eyes sharp as blades as they stabbed Shen Bin. "Your year-end bonus is forfeit."

Shen Bin: "..."

Shouldn't have said too much.

Chen Huaixiao got into the black Bentley, expressionlessly gazing out the window at the neon cityscape.

The streetlights and neon lights illuminated his handsome yet aloof face in ever-changing hues, casting faint gloom into his dark eyes.

Shen Bin stole glances at him through the rearview mirror from time to time.

He could tell that Chen Huaixiao was in a terrible mood.

"Mr. Chen, home?"

"The company."

"You just got back from a business trip, shouldn't you...go home and rest first?"

Chen Huaixiao said coldly, "Your paid vacation this year is also in jeopardy."

"I'll shut up!"

Shen Bin immediately fell silent, not daring to say another word.

Half an hour later, the Bentley pulled up at the foot of Xingxing Media Tower.

"Mr. Chen, we've arrived."

"I don't need you to tell me when we've arrived."

Chen Huaixiao remained seated in the car, gazing at the brightly lit lobby. He was slow to get out.

Shen Bin didn't dare ask anything more.

After a while, he restarted the engine and drove towards the filming location of the drama "Next Station, Waiting for You".

"Next Station, Waiting for You" was a university campus drama, so it was filmed on the campus of Beicheng University.

It was summer vacation now, and there were few students left on campus.

The crew had to hurry and finish shooting all the campus scenes before vacation ended, so as not to affect normal schooling once classes started.

So they had been working overnight to film scenes.

Bai Yin played the second female lead.

Tonight's scene in the rain was when the male lead would confess to the second female lead: actually, all these years, he had seen her as solace for losing the female lead. Now that the female lead had returned, the male lead had to go back to the female lead's side.

"Cut!"

Director Xu waved his hand and got up, saying to Bai Yin, "Little Bai, your state is off tonight, distracted. Just now, Lu Zhouxu was breaking up with you, but you acted like you couldn't wait to break up. Lu Zhouxu is the man you loved your entire youth, how could you have that kind of emotion?"