The perfect storm

The past few weeks have been a nightmare

After homecoming I had to get five stitches on my forehead because of A. Toby was missing and presumed to be Ali's killer. Although I didn't believe that, for the girls it was easier to put the blame on Toby, because we would at least know who was responsible for Alison's death and maybe the identity of A.

But things have never been that easy for us...

Anyway, as if that wasn't enough, mom told me and Hanna that we were having money problems, so Hanna and I started selling a few things online, with Lucas' help. But the thing, or rather the person, that made things even more wonderful, was of course, our friendly neighborhood cop.

Darren Wilden, the face of my nightmares. He'd been specially intense during the past few weeks. I think Jason and his superiors are pressuring him to close Alison's case and he was taking out his frustrations on me.

So I decided that my best option to maintain my sanity was my dear old friend: Denial.

I wasn't being raped, I was in a relationship with a guy who liked rough sex. I wasn't in love with my ex boyfriend and best friend's brother, I just had a very close friendship with him. We weren't about to lose the house because we didn't have money, no, we were simply passing through a rough patch. And I wasn't being stalked by a psychopath, I was... okay there's not really a way to deny that one.

We were at Spencer's house, because as if our life's didn't have enough stress, the girls and I had to prep for the SATs. "It's insane." My sister complained. "How many words do they expect you to learn in one night?"

"Stringent." Aria was reading the worlds we were supposed to learn.

"Uh, tough. Inflexible." And Spencer was answering. I actually did study, but at this point I could barely keep my eyes open. I was pretty sure Hanna knew something was wrong with me, but she hadn't said anything.

"It's not like you're actually gonna use them." She kept saying.

"Meretricious."

"It's not like you go to college and then you start speaking a different language."

"It's about getting into college. Meretricious. Um...Phony, flashy."

"Besotted." What I was with Theo

The door opened show Mrs. Hastings

"Hi, Mom."

"Hey, Mrs. Hastings." I said.

"Hi, girls. Oh, what smells so good?"

"Garlic bread. Want some?" Spencer offered.

"I can't. God, I miss food. Eat some butter for me, will you? Why do I have so many messages?"

"Hey, maybe you should ask Alex to..." Hanna started saying but was cut off by Spencer.

"Stop. Not now."