Chapter 2

CatNap's POV:

I started to walk away from DogDay to continue to go to the bar. "Thank you DogDay." I said to him. I looked around as I continued walking, it was peaceful outside. "Wait!" DogDay said as he ran to me, he was pretty fast. "Yes?" I asked. "I uhh... was wondering if I-I could join you w-wherever you're g-going." He asked me while stuttering. "Okay puppy." I said. "What the fuck is wrong with me?! Why did I just call my leader a puppy?! Oh shit, this is not good!!!"

"I guess you're right, kinda. The way I stuttered and begged proves you right, heh." He said to me, making me calm down. "Then that means I can call you puppy from now on." I said. "Eh, fair enough." He replied, making it possible for me to call him a puppy.

"So, CatNap, where're you going?" DogDay asked me. "I was going to the bar to get a drink and calm down from what just happened." "Okay, mind if I uhh... tag along?" He asked. "Nobody's forcing you so do whatever you like."

. . .

Once we arrived at the bar and ordered two vanilla milkshakes, DogDay tapped my shoulder. "Yes puppy?" I asked him. "Alright, so, what I'm about to tell you is real, has actually happened in the past, and is very important." He said. I turned my seat to face him and focused my attention on what he was about to say. "Alright, here it goes." He said, then took a deep breath in and let it out.

"In the past, when it was just me and about maybe three or four other critters, there was another. It took him the longest to complete his Training Process because of how filthy he was, his name was... God, I don't even want to say his name, his name was... Happy Hyena. He was the fucking worst. Everything about him is awful. He looks like a gray hyena, so if you ever see this monster, report to me immediately, do you understand?"

I processed everything that he said to me. There used to be another Smiling Critter named Happy Hyena, he's a gray hyena. By hearing how awful he was he probably did a lot of crime and messed up stuff. "I understand." I said. "Last time me or another critter saw him was about a month ago, so be careful."

I felt fear run through my body. "This monster is still around Playcare?!" I thought. I felt my anxiety return, my heart raced in fear, I felt panic take over my body. I got up and hugged DogDay. "Please, protect me." I said quietly into his soft chest. He was warm, comfortable, I didn't want to get my face off his chest. I felt him hug me back saying, "I'll protect you CatNap. No matter what, I'll always be here for you." I don't know what happened next, I think I fell asleep.

DogDay's POV:

Once I told CatNap I'd protect him, I felt him go limp. I held him back a little to look at his face, he somehow fell asleep. "He looks adorable when he sleeps. Wait, WHAT THE FUCK DOGDAY?! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! I've only known this dude for under half a day and I can't already be crushing on him!!" I paid for our drinks and got off of my stool. "Alright, how do I do this?" I thought, trying to figure out how to get CatNap somewhere else. I decided to carry him bridal style to the dome that contained all of our houses, sat on a bench outside my house, and booped his nose. "Huh? Oh, hey puppy. I guess I fell asleep, didn't I?" He asked me. "You did. Also, you're pretty light." I said to him. "Am I now? Also, where are we?" He asked me. "We are in the dome that contains all of our houses. I guess I don't really need to tell you whose house is whose because they literally match what animal we are. Like how mine has a bone, yours is a cat scratching post, Hoppy's is a carrot, I guess you can tell what I mean." "Yeah, I do."

I then remembered I had another thing to tell CatNap. "Hey CatNap, remember what I told you in the bar, about-" "Yes, I remember. But what does he have to do with what you're about to tell me?" "Well, once we kicked him out of the Smiling Critters, we caught him hiding in our houses. But not only once, but twice. So for safety, we have to check your house for him." I could tell he looked frightened out of his mind. "Hey, don't worry. If me or another one of us find him, we'll beat his ass and send him off somewhere where he'll never mess with us again. Understand?" I said to him, using my finger to wipe a tear off of his face. "I... I understand." He said, understanding what I just said to him. I could tell that him knowing who Happy Hyena was scared him shitless.