Chapter 3

CatNap's POV:

After we all ate, we walked as a group back into the neighborhood that had all of our houses. We had about an hour and a half until lunch was over. I decided to go into my house so Happy Hyena wouldn't punish me for talking to my friends or staying out too long. Thankfully, he was asleep on my bed. I decided to sneak out of the house and go to DogDay's house. I knocked on his front door and waited for a response.

"One second!" I heard from inside the house. I could definitely tell it was DogDay's voice. After about half a minute, he finally opened the door. "Sorry for the wait, heh. These dishes don't wash themselves! Anyway, CatNap, did you need something?" He asked me. "Well, I'm getting bad vibes from my house, so I wondered if I could stay here until you have to go back to work?" I asked him. He pondered for a few seconds. "You absolutely can!" He said excitedly.

Once I stepped into his house, I was hit with a strong scent of vanilla. I then realized that my house had a scent too. My house's scent smelled like me, no wonder why it was so hard to realize. Me and my house smell like lavender. "So, DogDay, can I help you with your dishes?" I asked him. "Well, if you want to." He responded.

. . .

After half an hour of washing dishes, the other critters had to go back to work. "Well, see you soon DogDay!" I said to him. "Goodbye CatNap! See you tonight!" He said back. I entered my house and closed the door. When I looked up the first set of stairs, I saw Happy Hyena.

"You were gone for more than an hour." He said to me. "Shit, I fucked up." I thought. "Now, you must be punished." He said and walked down the stairs. I stood completely still so he wouldn't get any more furious than he already was. He grabbed my neck, slammed me against the wall, and said to me, "Since I'm not in the mood right now, we're gonna get physical." He raised his hand and made it into a fist, aiming it at my face. I closed my eyes and clenched my teeth, bracing for the impact.

. . .

I was grabbed by the collar of my hoodie and thrown into the basement, my body hitting a few of the steps before I finally reached the bottom. The door was locked from the outside when I tried to open it. "Dammit." I thought. I sat at the door and took my hoodie off, revealing many cuts, bruises, and hickeys. I then pulled up my pant sleeves to reveal more cuts, bruises, and hickeys. I saw something beneath my fur, it was red and shiny. I touched it and it stung really bad.

I curled in a ball and cried silently. "Why is all this bad shit happening to me? It's only day one and the absolute shit was beaten out of me twice, raped six times, and I'm being used as a fucking sex toy." I thought in rage and sorrow. "If I had a phone I'd call DogDay right now." I thought, then I suddenly realized something.

"That's it CatNap! If Dr. Amieriz was right, if I successfully complete day one, I get a phone and I can call DogDay from it!" I was bursting with happiness now. But how long will that stupid hyena keep me down here for?

. . .

After what felt like an hour, Happy Hyena finally let me out. "Since it's nowhere near dinner, how about we have some more fun~?" He said in a seductive tone. "O-okay d-daddy." I stuttered. Apparently he's too blind to see I haven't even recovered from this morning.

He threw me over his shoulder and carried me into the bedroom, then threw me onto my dirty bed, still filthy from last time. He reached his hands onto my waist and started to take my clothes off.

DogDay's POV:

There it was again, that bad feeling. I tried to brush it off by throwing the frisbee with the orphans. After tossing the frisbee about eight times, I decided to go see if anybody needed help, starting with Hoppy. She looked like she was having a little trouble teaching the kiddos how to kick a soccer ball properly, so I helped teach too. It was very fun.