Chapter 8

DogDay's POV:

I wake up and CatNap is resting on top of me, he looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake him up. I saw a pillow on the ground next to my head, it looked pretty big, then I got an idea.

I got off the couch and replaced myself with the pillow, perfect. I then got a sheet of paper, a pencil, and wrote CatNap a note so he'd know where I'm at. I put the sheet of paper on the pillow and left to wake the kids up at Playcare. I hope CatNap won't get mad or anything when he finds out I'm gone.

CatNap's POV:

I woke up to being on a pillow instead of DogDay, I guess he had to go to work. I saw a note on the pillow, so I read it, it said:

Good morning CatNap, I hope you slept well! I had to go to Playcare to wake up the kiddos and I'll probably be eating breakfast at the bar by the time you read this, so if you wanna be with me you can check the bar first. If I'm not at the bar I'll be helping either Bobby, Hoppy, or Kickin' teach the kiddos, see you soon!

Always loving you!
DogDay

So it looks like DogDay had to go to work, but he could still be at the bar getting breakfast. "I still have a chance to get there and eat with him." I thought, quickly getting off of the couch, getting a new pair of clothes on, then rushed out of my house to get to the bar for breakfast.

I checked my phone once I reached the hallway, it was 7:00 AM. "I should make it, I think." I thought, hoping I'd make it. I started to run out of breath by the time I was about 12 feet away from the door to Playcare. I kept running and pushed the metal bar on the door, causing it to fly open. I kept running until I reached the bar and ran inside.

DogDay's POV:

I was startled and jumped in surprise to see CatNap barging into the bar. "CatNap, my dude, here for the mornin' grub brah?" Kickin' asked CatNap. He just walked over to our table and sat next to me, resting his head on my shoulder, breathing heavily.

"Hey CatNap, why're you breathing heavily, and why aren't you covering your eyes, you could delay the recovery of your concussion or something." I said to him, causing him to pull out a black beanie from his hoodie pocket and he put it on his face, then pulled it up where his mouth was visible. He then kissed me before he continued to rest his head on my shoulder. "Better puppy?" He asked me. "Yeah." I replied, then a waiter came to our table and gave us our food.

"Excuse me, CatNap finally arrived and would like some breakfast. You can just get him what I got." I said to him, causing him to give me a nod before he left back to the kitchen. "So, CatNap, why are you breathing heavily?" I asked him. "Well, I ran all the way here from my house. So, obviously I'd be fuckin' tired." He replied.

"Hold on, wait here. I think I know something that'd bring your energy back." I said to him, getting up to get a special energy drink. Well, it wouldn't necessarily be considered an energy drink, but more of a milkshake, sorta. I went to a self-serve area where you make your own drink combinations and made my own special drink, which is a secret recipe.

I came back with my special vanilla milkshake and handed it to CatNap. "Here ya go my moon. If I drank one of these, I'd be more hyperactive than Hoppy and myself combined right now." I said to him. He got a straw, put it in, then drank it.

In under five minutes, I could tell he replenished his energy and was awake like he just chugged a cup of coffee in the middle of the night. "You like that kitten?" I asked him, curious of how much he enjoyed my special drink. "I'll rate it ∞/10." CatNap replied, making me filled with joy that he liked it that much. "Well, I'm gonna make me one now, be right back!" I said to him, leaving to make myself a serving of the special drink.