Chapter 9

DogDay's POV:

I left to give Crafty a good talk about what she's done, and I was NOT happy. I eventually came across Crafty running to me as I leaned against a wall. "DogDay, I was attacked, you've gotta-!!" I didn't even let her finish as I grabbed her neck and pinned her against the wall I was just leaning on. I was enraged enough that my mouth was foaming in anger.

"Give me a good reason why I should spare you right now. Start talking." I said, looking as angry as ever. "D-Doggy, CatNap attacked-" "I'm NOT, your 'Doggy', and I never was. You better call me by my actual name, got it? Now tell me why I should pity you." She looked nervous and was shaking in fear, trying to get words out of herself. "To help you, CatNap already told me what happened, why did you attack him like that? You're not like this Crafty." I said to her, still furious.

"O-okay. I was jealous that you spend more time with him than me, and I also can't get over the fact that we were never dating in the first place. I just... I'm sorry for my actions, just let me go okay, please?" Crafty apologized. "Okay, alright, let me just make sure that this will never happen again." I said, which made Crafty look a little confused.

I raised my free hand and made the claws come out, then swiped at Crafty's face, causing her to shriek in pain and fear. I took a good look at her face, blood trickled down from the slash I gave her. "If anybody asks, you fell down from the concrete stairs that lead to the cable-cart, now get out of my sight unless you want another." Crafty then quickly ran off, crying.

"Did I go too far?" I thought, then went to the bar to hang out with CatNap, I started to miss him a bit, even though we've been separated for less than 15 minutes. I was walking through Playcare, feeling wind blow my fur in all directions, I heard birds chirping, the sun's rays on my fur, everything was peaceful.

CatNap's POV:

I was just about to finish my drink until DogDay entered and sat in the booth with me. "Oh, hey DogDay, guess you talked to Crafty?" I asked him. "Well, we did more than talk, my moon. Let's just say that my claws came in handy." He replied with a grin. "Y-you hurt her? Why?" "Well, she wasn't cooperating with the situation so I had no choice." "Well, I guess that sorta makes sense." It became silent for a little, then all of the other critters, except Crafty and Bobby, entered. I guess Bobby was patching up Crafty from what DogDay had done to her.

"Hey, uhh, where's Bobby?" Hoppy asked us. "I don't know, probably busy at the infirmary with a patient most likely." DogDay responded. "Y-yeah, probably that." I agreed. Lunch that day was pretty normal. Bubba talked about math, Kickin' talked about bull fighting and surfing, Hoppy talked about a close game she won in soccer, and Picky talked about the time she got stuck in a tree trying to get an apple.

Once we got our food, Bobby entered the bar while assisting Crafty who had stitches on the side of her face. "Oh my goodness, Crafty, what happened to you?" Hoppy asked Crafty worriedly. "Oh, umm..." Crafty started, then DogDay stared at her, looking angry but curious of her response, then she finished with, "I-I fell down the stairs at the cable-cart in Playcare, that's all." DogDay then went back to his casual happy mood that he's always in.

We ate lunch and continued on with our day, except DogDay took me to the neighborhood so we could clean our houses since we've never picked them up after our first few sleepovers.

I entered my house to see my couch, there were pillows and blankets all over it and on the floor. I put the blankets onto the couch and something suddenly caught my attention, it was a smell.

The smell was vanilla. It wasn't just ordinary vanilla though, it was DogDay's vanilla, I always saw a HUGE difference between the two. I looked at a pillow and saw one of DogDay's hair strands, it was a yellow-orange, just like him. I moved my face closer to it and took another smell, it smelled good.

I licked it and swallowed it, it tasted like him. I smelled the blankets and pillows and DogDay's scent was all over them. "Y'know what, I'm not going to wash these now, not when DogDay's scent is on them." I thought, then shoved a pillow onto my face to fill my senses with DogDay's scent. It felt amazing.

 I heard somebody knock on my door, so I got up and walked to it. I was assuming that it was DogDay since we were the only ones in the neighborhood right now. To my expectations, when I opened my door it revealed DogDay. "Hey puppy, need something?" I asked him. "W-well, I know that this's coming out of nowhere, but, let's go on a date at the bar, just you and me." DogDay said to me, handing me a bouquet of flowers. "O-oh, uhh, absolutely. So umm, tonight then?" I asked him, blushing madly. I took his flowers, brought him inside, closed the door, and got a vase. I filled the vase with water and put the flowers inside.

"Tonight would work perfectly." He replied and sat on my couch. I set the vase with flowers on the living room table and joined DogDay on the couch. I leaned my body onto his, everything felt perfect, everything was peaceful, it felt right. I felt DogDay put his hand between my ears and started petting me, I purred. I turned the other direction to snuggle my face into his fluffy chest. The moment felt wholesome.

. . .

DogDay left my house at least an hour ago to get ready for the date. I flipped through my wardrobe to look for a nice outfit, hoping that there was at least a black tux. "There wouldn't be a tux in here, especially the fact that the founder bought the clothes for everybody." I thought. I just grabbed my usual outfit, which is black cloth pants with a white shirt and a black hoodie, since it was getting chilly because it was getting closer to winter, I got a gray fuzzy scarf from my wardrobe too.

DogDay's POV:

I was going through my clothes to look for something nice to wear for the date. I've gone through my clothes many times and knew that a tux wasn't among them. All my clothes were casual and bright, like some were white, some were yellow and orange, others were a dark orange-red. I just picked a gray pair of sweatpants along with a random shirt and a hoodie-jacket that was half orange and half dark orange-red. "I hope CatNap will understand that I couldn't find anything nice." I thought nervously.

After I got my wallet, I went to CatNap's house to pick him up for the date. "I hope that my romantic skills are decent enough, firsts aren't really my thing." I thought while twiddling my thumbs. I went up to his front door and knocked.

Words: 1222