Chapter 19: Destruction

Summary:

Naruto leaves Konoha, Sasuke faces his ruthless opponent, Gaara unleashes the chakra beast and an unexpected ally makes his appearance.
___________________________________

The blond genin gazed up at the dark skies and his cerulean eyes hardened in determination. The moon illuminated the bustling streets of the Red Light District and the loud noises filtered through the gregarious crowds.

Uzumaki Naruto pulled away from the balcony railings and made his way into his apartment silently. He slid the lock on his windows, fastening it shut and tugged his black curtains forward. He obscured his apartment in darkness and turned on his heel. The genin made his way into his bedroom with quiet steps.

Naruto opened his closet door and eyed the pale, empty walls. He had carefully removed all traces of his maps. The blond leaned forward and fixed the appearance of his closet space. He shuffled through his collection of black attire meticulously.

He kept his remaining clothing and rusty weaponry untouched to give off a false illusion. Naruto gazed around at his desolate apartment and his eyes darkened.

He stored his dual katana in his storage scroll and secured it on his belt. He heaved a long sigh and sat on the creaky bed, crossing his legs. Naruto moved his hands in a fast seal, summoning a number of clones with ease.

He ordered them with a curt nod and they took off, slipping through the shadows and obscured alleyways. The clones snuck out of the village, each one moved down a different route and preplanned location.

The blond genin gazed around at his worn down apartment. He gazed at his prison with steely eyes and his lips quirked upward in anticipation.

"It's time."

The blond genin removed his hitae-ate off his neck and he released a long breath. Naruto slid a dark mask over the lower-half of his face and he moved his hands in a fast seal, creating an impeccable clone to leave behind in his apartment.

He tucked his hitae-ate in his bag, intending to discard of it in a designated location. He heaved his bag on and slipped out of his apartment silently. His clone remained on the balcony, watching the streets in idle boredom. The blond genin kept to the shadows, moving expertly and undetected through the night.

Naruto slipped past the guards and leaped over the village walls. He landed in a silent crouch outside the walls and he moved quickly into the thick trees. Naruto paused in his trek and he gazed up at the bright twinkling stars with dim cerulean eyes.

The air ruffled his golden locks gently and his heart thudded in his chest in heightened nerves. He clenched his teeth angrily and his fingers curled into tight fists. He had decided. There was no going back. He needed to move onwards. Naruto willed his feet to move but he found a slight hesitation in his heart. No, I already decided.

The blond grimaced as a sharp sudden pain trickled through his mind. He clenched his eyes tightly as a voice filtered through his consciousness. It was a voice he hadn't heard in a long time and the memory urged him to move.