Chapter 30: The Akatsuki

Summary:

Sasuke and Shisui set out off for a mission in Ame. They meet up with potential allies.
___________________________________

In Iwa an ANBU operative stopped in alarm as he felt the tug of energy in his core. He blinked in bewilderment at the darkening sky.

A cup shattered in Suna as a teen fell to her knees as her heart clenched painfully.

An old woman in Kiri pressed a hand to her mouth shakily as the tears flowed rapidly down her withered cheeks.

In a nondescript merchant village, a drunken woman slammed her glass down forcefully and wiped her mouth with a shaky hand.

In Ame, a man raised his gaze as his Rinnegan pulsed forward. He tilted his head curiously and tapped a finger against his table thoughtfully.

All across the elemental nations, numerous people felt the call of their homeland.

The blond shinobi stood up, offering the mission scrolls to each assigned group. He leaned back against his desk, staring intently at his teammates. The teams exchanged determined nods, each accepting their respective scrolls.

Shisui grinned all teeth, depositing the scroll into his seal. His pale body was adorned with dark seals, hiding weaponry and lethal poisons. He turned to his cousin, reaching over and clapping him on the shoulder.

"Ready?" He asked softly.

Sasuke took a deep breath and nodded. He crossed his arms over his chest and looked at their assembled group. The teams wished them the best of luck - expressions grim and determined. The entourage made their way out of the vault and down through the hidden passageway. The Uchiha cousins stood at the entrance, turning back to their allies.

It was time for their departure. 

"See you later kozo," Shisui promised, saluting him cheekily.

Naruto smiled and nodded, hand on his shoulder. The brat was nearly his height, growing up to look more and more like his father - Minato Namikaze. Haku stepped forward and gave him a hug, holding onto him tightly - Stay safe. Shisui returned the embrace and patted the younger medic on the back - I will return.

"Remember Sasuke," Naruto spoke, looking directly at his teammate. "If they refuse, they refuse. Do not engage."

Sasuke grunted and nodded. "I know, I will abide by the terms."

Gaara huffed and crossed his arms. "If they attack you first, it's fair game."

Sasuke smirked and stepped forward, clapping his teammate on the shoulder. They exchanged a curt nod and he turned to Karin with a small smile. The kunoichi huffed and stepped forward, hugging him tightly.

The two parted, leaving Whirlpool and made their way through the landscape. They moved for a long time, setting up camp after a long duration. Shisui took a seat next to his quiet cousin, staring at the flames of their camp fire.