Episode 16: The Alpha of the Hunt

Season 1: An Unexpected Yet Horrific Discovery

???: Impressive. This hunt will most certainly be worthwhile.
....
........
............
................

There lay Isaac with his sword broken into two pieces lying on his adjacent sides. The platform began disintegrating and he slowly fell below. On the other hand...

_Tartarus_: ...

Tartarus' core was severely damaged thereby being deprived of time manipulation. At this rate, he'll undoubtedly face the same fate as his opponent.

_Tartarus_: No! I must survive!

The mechanical █ █ released his left arm granting it a fraction of his already drained core energy in hopes of catching Einstein's suit and using its core to escape from the sea. However...

???: We meet again, Tartarus.
_Tartarus_: ?!!

The new intruder caught Tartarus' arm and absorbed all its energy and shattered it into tiny pieces as if it were glass.

???: So that's how weak you've become, huh?
_Tartarus_: ....Hades!

Meanwhile in the Hadean Seal...

_Azalia_: They don't stop coming!
_Azalea_: Yeah... We also don't know where the professor and Tartarus are...

The Overseer unleashed a series of coordinating attacks on Azalia.

_Azalia_: Baculus Para-

Azalia tried to defend against the attack yet the attack reached faster than she had anticipated. As a result, she was knocked back a long way and received severe damage.

_Azalea_: Lia! Are you okay?
_Azalia_: ..uhh.. yeah.. somewhat...
_Azalea_: It seems there was an instability in the Sea of Origin. It's interfering with your discipline. This can't be good...
_Azalia_: What's the sea of origin?
_Azalea_: It is a unique dimension which determines the laws for all universes. If there is an instability in that space.. it would affect all the laws of every universe in existence!
_Azalia_: I see...

Azalia summoned a large shield which deflected all IMG attacks.

_Azalia_: Do you think the Professor and Tartarus might be there?
_Azalea_: Huh? What makes you think that?
_Azalia_: If the Sea of Origin is something that is so important then the 10 Sages of the current era must be aware of its existence. Since professor Einstein is one of them then he must have...
_Azalea_: He must have teleported himself and Tartarus to the Sea?
_Azalia_: Yeah.
_Azalea_: But that's dangerous! Surely he should be conscious of the consequences of being in contact with that dimension.
_Azalia_: Yeah... (...)

Azalia remembered her earlier conversation with Einstein.

_Azalia_: You may be guilty but as I see it... Your intentions are good yet your way seems like desperation. I can see your frustration. Yet you behave calmly but the process of your actions are contrary to your goal despite the end result being righteous. Tell me: Are you a sheep or a goat?
_Issac_: I am... A sheep driven by the hidden nature of a goat...
_Azalia_: Is that your answer?
_Isaac_: Yes. (...)

And now...

_Azalia_: (sigh) He has never changed, huh?
_Azalea_:  Yeah... Wait! Look at those beings!

The forms of the IMG Troops transformed back and their firepower significantly decreased.

_Overseer_: ...

_Azalia_: What's happening?... Huh?
_Azalea_: Even you!

Azalia's suit also transformed back to its Elite form thereby dissipating her shield. Moreover, the transformed realm also began reverting back to its Hadean form.

_Azalia_: Good grief... If the professor has already accomplished what he wanted then now it's time for me to accomplish my goal.

Azalia summons an elegant and magnificent looking bow out of a purplish opening.

_Azalia_: Arcus Pristinus!

The girl shot an arrow which was engulfed in a purplish matter to the sky. The arrow then exploded after reaching a certain height and down came a rain of arrows with each smaller arrow having a similar appearance to that of the Alpha arrow. The rain significantly brought demise on to the large troops of IMGB.

_Overseer_: ...! אני אהרוג אותך!

The overseer was extremely agile. He swiftly dodged all the raining arrows and attempted to take on Azalia in close combat.

_Azalia_: Are you thinking you can defeat me if you're close to me?
_Overseer_: לָמוּת!

The overseer swung his sword to decapitate Azalia. However, she deflected the strike using her bow. It turns out that her bow is capable of being used as a sword as well.

_Overseer_: אתה לועג לי!

He then summoned another sword hoping to outpower and outspeed Azalia.

_Overseer_: קח את זה!

He struck with his right hand first. The slight delay gave Azalia the chance to out-maneuver him. She deflected his right sword and elegantly slid under his right arm to get behind him. She then shot an arrow which completely annihilated his head.

_Azalia_: Your game's up.

The overseer's mechanical body then exploded granting her to hear her victory triumph. But then, her rain of arrows suddenly stopped and a blue mist engulfed the surrounding area.

_Azalia_: This aura... (!!!) Starllete!

The mist cleared out of Azalia's position but the IMG Troops were still under its radius. Each IMG Being began exploding one after the other until every single one of them was assimilated. The mist then began dissipating and Azalia could spot a familiar figure walking towards her from the distance through the mist. Her heart was filled with emotions with the expectation that she would be reunited with her dearest friend. Her  expected friend then fully emerged from the mist. However...

_Azalia_: (I can't see anything wrong. This must be it!)
_Azalia_: Starlie! We've finally reunited!
_Azalea_: Wait! Lia! Don't approach her! This must be a-  (!!!)

The expected friend however summoned a blue vertical crossbow attached to her left hand. She then shot Azalia piercing her body.

_Azalea_: Azalia!
_Azalia_: Starlie...

The sound of Azalia falling to the ground could be heard. This event was truly unexpected and most certainly horrifying.
...
.......
..........
..............
...................
.......................

???: Humanity... The very essence of narration and creativity.. shall now be inferior to that of my ideals.
_Hades_: I am Hades. I shall claim all identities of individuals and utilise their capability to form a world where personal gains remain irrelevant but objectives and unitary efficiency of attaining set goals reigns supreme. I will redefine humanity. Starting out from the Hadean Seal and the Sea of Origin, Peripheria will fall next! The hunt has begun.

ㅤ                     —End of Season 1—

ㅤ                                To Be Continued