02

AFTER THE FUNERAL OF  Laena Velaryon, the children-including Aelora, returned into their beds at night

Laena Velaryon, the children-including Aelora, returned into their beds at night.

Meanwhile, Prince Aemond Targaryen escapes from the castle to find Vhagar. He tries to discreetly mount her but only achieve to wake the old she-dragon up, Aemond manages to calm her down by commanding her in High Valyrian, however. Vhagar lets the princeling sit in her saddle and takes fly after he commands her to do so.

The flight proves to be perioulous for Aemond at first but the two bond while in the air and Aemond enjoys his first ride on dragonback.

Vhagar's loud roars and screeches were heard across the sky which made Aelora slowly open her eyes. The princess noticed the giant dragon out of her window and quickly stood up.

"It can't be.." She mumbled out and thought of that moment where she had joked about Aemond riding the biggest dragon..well, at least one of the biggest.

Multiple clamorous have pulled her out of her thoughts as she recognised the voices to be owned by her brothers and cousins.

After their voices got fader and fader from her chamber, Aelora slowly followed behind them-regretting the decision after being met with their fight with Aemond.

The young targaryen prince pushes the youngest sibling of Aelora onto the ground which made her barge into the fight. "Luke!" She yells worryingly and crouches down to him.

Aelora helps the youngest onto his feet and later then pushes Aemond off of Jacaerys which made the white haired prince accidentally cut her shoulder with the rock he held in his hand.

"Lora!" Jacaerys spoke and glanced towards Aemond angrily who had a worried expression on his face after realising he had hurt the only person he considered a friend. Aelora winced and held her bottom lip as the blood gashed out of her shoulder.

The next movements were faded for her by the tears that had filled her eyes. Jacaerys out of anger in hurting his sister, threw a fist full of sand into Aemond's eye followed by Lucerys who had took the dagger off of the floor and slashed his uncle.

Aemond screams were heard through the castle, "Aemond. Aemond, are you okay?" Aelora rushed to the prince that fell onto the floor by pain as she didn't dare to touch him, not knowing what movement he would've done next.

Multiple guards barged inside and rushed towards the targaryen prince as Aelora returned to her brothers and pulled them into her embrace. "It's alright." She shushed and calmed them down, placing a kiss on the top of their heads as they clutch on her night gown.

King Viserys questions the children about what happened while two maesters sew Aemond's and Aelora's wounds.

"Jace? Luke?" Rhaenyra bursts into the room and her eyes spot Aelora wincing on the chair as they sew the last part of her wound, "Aelora!"

Rhaenyra kneels down to Aelora as she sends her a nod of approval that she is fine. "Who did this?" She questions.

"They attacked me!" Aemond states, "He attacked Baela!" One of the sisters spoke followed by the other who stated that Aemond broke Luke's nose and wounded Aelora's shoulder.

The statements quickly turned into bickering between children as the maester finished Aelora's wound. The children were quiet down by the king as Jacaerys states to his mother what insults were thrown onto them, Aelora hearing as well.

King Viserys claims that he will have the truth of it as Alicent goes on to argue, stating that Rhaenyra's son is responsible followed by the mother who says it was an accident.

"Accident? The Prince Lucerys brought a blade to the ambush. He meant to kill my son." Alicent states.

how awful that he didn't.. Aelora thought and rolled her eyes. "It was my children who were attacked and forced to defend themselves. Vile insults were levied against my sons." Rhaenyra spoke which caught her father's attention.

"The legitimacy of my sons' birth was put loudly to question." She states which confused the king, "He called them bastards, your grace." Aelora states noticing his confusion.

Rhaenyra suggests Aemond to be put under questioning to find out where he learned such slanders from.

"Over an insult? My son has lost an eye."

"Lucky he didn't lose his head." Aelora mumbled to herself. King Viserys gets angry and forbids everyone to speak such rumors again under penalty of losing their tongue. Alicent is not satisfied and wants justice for the maiming of her son,

"What would you have me to do?" King Viserys questions, " There's a debt to be paid." With her statement, Aelora knew what she meant and slowly got off of her chair with the help of her unhurt arm.

"I shall have one of her children's eye in return." Alicent says. The King tries to convince her of not letting her temper get to her, but the Queen did not listen. "Ser Criston, bring me the eye of Lucerys Velaryon."

Aelora stepped in front of her youngest brother and pushed him behind her as she stood next to her mother. "You will not do such thing." Rhaenyra states. Criston Cole reminds Alicent that he had sworn to her as her protector.

The Queen not satisfied with the King's decision takes matters into her own hands. She grabs Viserys' dagger and steps over to Rhaenyra's sons.

"Mother!" Aelora warns her mother just in time as she had her back faced. This scene was followed by multiple yelling and screams of fear from Lucerys. Aelora notices Criston moving through the crowd making his way to her mother.

The princess pulls out the dagger that was attached to her thigh and places the blade towards his neck with a warning glare. Criston glances behind her and notices the tall father figure of hers with the same warning expression on his face.

Multiple kings-guards get ahold of Cole and Aelora quickly shields her dagger away just as the fight between the queen and her mother end. Daemon and Aelora join Rhaenyra's side as the princess glances towards Aemond who had stated that the exchange was fair; he lost an eye, but gained a dragon.

His eyes met hers as Aelora holds her fists in anger. She sent him a disappointing shook of head which saddened the prince as it was seen in his eyes when he was pulled into the embrace of his mother.