07

AELORA WAS STILL SHOOK by the events that happened on yesterday's supper

by the events that happened on yesterday's supper. She was doing what had calmed her the most-Riding dragonback on Vermithor through the skies of King's Landing.

Vermithor was a wild dragon and by his spikes, no saddle would fit for him. So, the princess had taught herself where and how to position herself on the animal without falling.

As Aelora enjoyed the soft breeze of the morning, her moment was interrupted by a load screech that came behind her. The Princess squinted her eyes through the clouds and noticed the familiar green scales of a dragon.

"Vhagar.." From the clouds was revealed Aemond who had flew beside her. Aelora rolled her eyes in annoyance, "What is it, Princess?! Not happy to see me?" Aemond teased, yelling through the winds.

Aelora was trying not to make conversation with the man and tried her best to avoid him, but Aemond had found her even in the skies. She wasn't that hard to find, Vermithor is a very large dragon.

The Princess simply ignored him and tapped the side of Vermithor body, signaling for him to speed up. However, Aemond hasn't gave up that easily. He followed behind the woman and she had accepted the challenge. Aelora with Vermithor flied down which Vhagar followed, the Bronze Fury then took up into the sky,

"Dracarys!" Aelora yelled and Vermithor let out a breath of fire before going underneath it and letting Vhagar with Aemond on his back, crash into it. The Princess let out a laugh after seeing the annoyed face on Aemond.

Aemond ordered Vhagar to go faster as the she-dragon obeyed. Aelora held tightly onto Vermithor as she noticed the green dragon catching up to her. She swerved to the right side, just beside the tall buildings of King's Landing which Vhagar was quick to fly over it.

This made the Bronze Fury and its rider in the lead as they headed towards the city.

Aelora was the first to land with Vermithor in front of the gates. As she slowly slid off of him, Vhagar with Aemond on her back, landed behind her.

Aelora faced Aemond as she had taken off her gloves, "That was not what I was expecting when I had decided to take a morning ride on dragon back." As she spoke, Vermithor flew back into the sky-roaming free with Vhagar following behind.

Aemond stepped over to her, "Why is that, princess? Hm? Not happy to see me on this beautiful morning?"

Aelora put on a thinking face to tease the young prince before whipping her hair as she had faced her back towards him. Ignoring his question, the princess walked towards the gates with Aemond following and a smirk informing on his face.

Aelora with Aemond right behind her walk through the halls of the castle as they hear multiple guards whispering and exchanging looks towards the princess. Aelora slows her pace,

"Her Grace wants to put her first born son onto the throne." Aelora heard one of them whisper. With that, she heard enough and sped up towards every room to find her grace with confused Aemond behind. If Aegon is to be crowned king, that must mean her grandsire's time has come to an end.

The two arrive in Helaena's chambers as they had notices the princess with her mother sitting. Alicent was rather shook by seeing the targaryen woman standing next to her son as she furiously stood up, "Whatever are you doing here? Princess Rhaenyra had already returned home-"

Aelora folded her hands together and placed them in front of her body, "Do not find me foolish, Your Grace. However, I had heard a rumour spreading around the castle of my grandsire's death." She swallowed her tears at the thoughts of her King, her grandsire who she had loved the most.

Alicent glanced away from her eyes as the princess walked past her to the fireplace, "Y-Yes. In his last breaths, King Viserys surpassed Aegon as his successor." She stuttered out.

Aelora chuckles darkly, knowing this is going to end badly. A war is going to be fought and Alicent would be the one to loose. Aemond stepped over to the woman and placed his hands onto her forearms in comfort, "Don't cause a scene, Lora. Please, just do what they wish and return to Dragonstone." He whispered into her ear which sent shivers across her spine.

"No blood needs to be shed,princess." Alicent spoke calmly, knowing she will need to discuss the connection her son has with Rhaenyra's heir. Aelora brushes off Aemond's hands off and turns to Alicent,

"You really think Aegon wishes to be king? The protector of the realm? Him?" She slowly dragged herself to Alicent,

"That man is only protector of his wine and that what he is. My mother is the true heir to the throne. King Viserys had said it multiple times in the past and I'm sure his mind didn't just change as he layed on his deathbed."

The doors open as Criston Cole steps inside. Upon noticing the scene and Aelora's glance on him, he clears his throat.

"I apologise, Your Grace. I respect and love you truly, but you must be really foolish to think no blood will be spilled if you crown Aegon as King." And with those whispers, Aelora had left the room, passing past the Knight with her vanilla smell felt in his nostrils.

Aemond was stopped by his mother as he had wished to follow after his princess, "Aemond." Alicent spoke softly as she held her sons arms,

"Cole needs me, mother. And I need her. Ser Erryk isn't the only one who knows Aegon's doings." He spoke as Alicent simply glanced towards her Knight before they left the room.

"She has you under her spell, doesn't she, my prince?" Cole broke the silence as Aemond had noticed the Bronze Fury with his she-dragon circling around the castle. Criston lets out a chuckle, "If her dragon is here that means she mustn't have gotten far. We must find Aegon before she does." Aemond began walking with the Knight behind him.

"I noticed how she looks at you. I was that boy once..placed under the spell of her mother."

With that statement, Aemond stopped as his fists tightened from anger. He turns his glance to Cole, "No spell was placed onto me. I care for Aelora, just like you cared for my sister and she had rejected you. Say another word about her and I will have your tongue for that." The prince threatened, loudly and clearly.