16

THE TWO TARGARYEN'S arrive in the Winterfell on dragon back as they were expected by the Lord Stark himself

THE TWO TARGARYEN'S
arrive in the Winterfell on dragon back as they were expected by the Lord Stark himself. Aelora unmounted Vermithor as so did Aemond Vhagar. The two riders walk together to the people that awaited for them while their dragons went to roam in the cold skies of the north.

"Princess Aelora Targaryen.." Lord Cregan spoke with a small smile at the sight of the targaryen woman whose skin was even more paler by the cold. "Lord Stark. It is an honour.." Aelora lowered her head in respect. "Please, princess, It is an honour to have the Lady Dragon visit Winterfell." He spoke with a dark chuckle as his gaze met upon Aemond's who glanced around the snow without liking it one bit.

Aelora's eyes slightly widen at the new title she had received, "Lady Dragon? That's new. I suppose my mother; Queen Rhaenyra, informed you the cause of my unexpected arrival." She spoke and Cregan nodded.

"I had received one of your father's ravens. Please," He extended his hand behind and let the woman pass as she did so. Aelora stopped and glanced over her shoulder to Aemond, "My love, will you be joining us?" She questioned softly as Aemond turned to her with a hum. The prince nodded and walked to her side as Aelora placed her arm around his, showing to everyone she is claimed.

"Nyke gīmigon skorkydoso ao kostagon sagon. Ziry iksos sȳrkta syt se people hen sōnia naejot ūndegon bona nyke aōhon. Mērī aōhon." (I know how you can be. It's better for the people of the north to see that I am yours. Only yours.) Aelora spoke in lowered tone in High Valyrian. Aemond simply smirked at her statement without a word as they began walking, soon reaching a village.

Aelora glanced around and noticed Winterfell was a huge castle complex spanning several acres and encircled by two massive granite walls ,

" Weapons training and practice take place in the courtyards. The inner ward is a second, much older open space in the castle where archery practice takes place. It is located next to the broken tower." Cregan spoke to the princess as he walked on her left side, "It's beautiful." Aelora spoke, not even glancing to the men as she noticed multiple children running around with their giggles filling the air.

_______

A feast was thrown over the arrival of the two targaryen's. Aelora sat opposite of Lord Cregan Stark who had found himself rather lost in her beauty and violet eyes, but Aemond who sat on the princess' right side, did not like this at all.

"I apologise for my glances, princess, but the tales of your beauty were not exaggerated." Lord Cregan spoke which made Aemond grip onto the sides of his chair, waiting for Aelora's answer. The princess licked the wine off of her lips with a smile,

"I appreciate the compliments, my Lord, but I am not here to return or react to them." Aemond smiled to himself at her mature answer. Aelora rested her elbows on the table and interlocked her fingers as she placed them underneath her chin, "As you have heard my mother's half brother, Aegon, took her rightful place as a queen on the Iron Throne." She spoke.

Cregan glanced to the members of his council and back to Aelora who narrowed her eyes at him with a challenging smile. As the lord tapped his fingers against the table, he spoke;

"Your grandsire, King Viserys, was a good man. It must have put you in an awful position of what happened to him, yes?" Cregan spoke. "And it would put me in even more awful position to have you refuse my offer and have you fight against me, kind Lord. Of course, that is, if it comes to war." Aelora answered and slightly tilted her head to the side.

Cregan motioned her to speak of her offer as Aelora slowly risen from her seat, "House Stark has sworn fealty to the rightful heir of the Iron Throne; my mother. Our two houses have always been on good terms, so tell me, Lord Stark..Do you wish to fight for the usurper that sits my mother's throne, or for its rightful heir? Hm?"

Aelora's offers were weak for the Lord, but she was correct. Before his father's death, he has sworn fealty to Rhaenyra, so there were no lies told. Aelora had always been convincing with her lovingly, but challenging glance. Cregan rose from his seat, his glance still on the princess, "You have spoken no lies, my princess. House Stark has always been loyal to your house as they had always returned the gesture. You shall have my answer till the night...until then, my guards will escort you out."

Aemond was shook on how she had worked her magic as Aelora hid her smile with a bite of the insides of her mouth. Without another word spoken, the two targaryen's were escorted outside the hall.

_______

Lucerys has rode Arrax on dragon back through the skies, far away from home as he was worried for his siblings. The younger brother felt alone in the whole castle as all they had were meetings all day long.

The prince noticed the night already fell as he was returning to Dragonstone. That was until, a loud growl has been heard from behind him. Lucerys glanced over his shoulder and was met with none other than the dragon with gleaming gold scales and his half-drunk rider.

Lucerys gripped onto the reins as Arrax began to fly faster, "Aderī, Arrax!" (Quickly, Arrax) He ordered his dragon, but no use. Sunfyre was quicker and faster than him and soon caught up. Not a second passed before Lucerys's screams echoed through the skies with the sound of Arrax's screeches. Sunfyre shook his head with them in his mouth before leaving them on a beach as their bodies were washed by the waves.