Chap. 4 - Comfort.

" How can someone be so hateful of something they hardly know . . "

------------------

I didn't wake up in the morning.

I didn't want to wake up. I didn't want to see my stupid wings again. I didn't want to wake up at all.

Unlucky me though, I heard a knock on my door. I checked the time and it was already way past when I was supposed to wake up. Like, it was already about lunch. Lazily, I stretched and walked to the door, totally slumped. I opened it to see a short, gruff looking man standing outside. He had a lit cigar hanging out of his mouth. Yuck.. It stank so badly..

"Get out of your room, kid." He commanded. He had a stone face on, it wasn't necessarily angry, but it wasn't happy either. Whoever he was, he wasn't amused.

"I'll pay you if you leave." I groaned and ran a hand through my hair.

"I don't take bribes."

"Oh my god, please, I just need a break. Tell whoever sent you th-"

"Look, kid. I'm not gonna bother you or anything. But Hank was really worried when you didn't show up. By the looks of it, he had a good reason to worry. You look like shit." He took the smoke out of his mouth and pressed it against his skin to put it out. The sight made you cringe, but he didn't seem to mind the pain of it. In fact, it healed up within a few seconds. Must be his mutation.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically. He scoffed and entered my room. He flicked the lights on ipon entry and looked around my abode. He took a seat on the edge of my bed. With his hand, he patted the spot next to him. "Can I just be left alone? Please?"

Brutally honest opinion? He scared me so much it was insane. I wasn't going to deny him, I don't have a death wish.

"Look, I'm not the person who will suddenly solve whatever your problem is. I actually could care less about what's happening in your life."

"Love the honesty."

He ignored my comment. "I'm not stupid. Something happened. As a professor here, this is a safe space. So. Tell me what's troubling you. Or don't."

"You won't judge?"

"If that's what you're worried about, then no. I won't."

"Promise?"

"Just talk." He growled. His arms crossed over his chest. Around his neck I saw some dog tags that had the name Logan and Wolverine on them. So his name was Logan?

I paused, the words weren't forming in my mouth. "I. Uhm. Yesterday, I went to the mall with a few people, and I got, like, hardcore judged by some workers at the record store there."

"And you're upset over that why?" He snickered, obviously not taking my problem all that seriously. "People are stupid. Don't take any of it to heart. If you freak out like this every time a human hates mutants, you're going to have a miserable life."

"That's supposed to make me feel better?"

"No. It's supposed to be a wake up call. People suck, get over it." He put a hand on my back and patted the wings roughly. Sidenote, not a good way to comfort someone. That hurt. He noticed the discomfort in my posture and scooted over to look me in my eyes. "I'll go tell Hank and the other teachers you're sick. Just rest up for now. If you want to leave, go ahead. But clearly you won't budge without force, and I'm not going to do that."

I nodded. And with that, he left me. The door closed with a loud thud. And I went back to sleep.

------------------