twenty-three

twenty-three

AN: this is gonna be detailed of the concert not every song but a lot of them so understandable if you would like to skip i'm just gonna detail the little things with each song and Matt's pov.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
illicit affairs
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Stella had been quiet around the girls ever since Matt's story, finding solace in their comforting embraces as tears flowed freely. Nearly two weeks had passed since the ordeal, leaving her emotionally exhausted.

As the surprise Chrome Hearts concert in LA approached, Matt found himself coerced into attending by Chris and Nick. While the other girls had private conversations with Nick and Chris, Stella remained silent.

Eliza, assuming they would all be there, had sent them tickets without their knowledge. So when they found themselves onstage, greeted by a cheering crowd, Stella was taken aback. Spotting Matt in the friends and family section, looking amazing, she nearly choked with surprise.

She forced a smile onto her face, but inside, she felt like crumbling. The desire to cry consumed her, and she felt as if her soul was slowly withering away.

"Hey everyone! It's great to see you all again! Welcome to the first performance of the Madhouse album! We're thrilled for this show, and you're in for a real treat, along with a little surprise announcement!" Ivy's voice echoed through the venue, met with enthusiastic screams from the crowd. Stella managed a weak smile as she reached for her microphone.

"So, I'm guessing you all want to hear us sing?" she began, the crowd erupting into cheers. Stella chuckled softly before continuing, "Well, let's dive right in then, shall we? First up, 'Face to Face'!"

The music begins, and Stella lets out a sigh. "Don't know how to talk to you," she sings, her voice filled with emotion. "Echoes in an empty room. I'm lost in your frequencies." She makes a conscious effort to avoid looking at Matt, knowing that tears would inevitably follow if she did.

As Ivy joins in, singing about "Cobwebs on the phone," Stella focuses on the crowd, trying to maintain her composure. "Don't wanna put words in your mouth," she continues, smiling down at the audience. "But if I could, I'd say, 'Sorry.' It's not too late for you to say it now, say it now, ooh. All this space, what a shame."

Piper chimes in, questioning, "How can we be so far apart face to face?" Stella follows, expressing her frustration with practiced lines and hidden truths. "I wish you could take off your disguise. Why can't we see things eye to eye?" she sings, echoing the sentiments of the group.