twenty-eight

twenty-eight

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
illicit affairs
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Chase led Stella outside and sat her down on the stairs. She was still crying, but it had calmed down to soft sobs.

"If you don't want him to pick you up, let me know, and I'll tell him to fuck off," Chase offered.

Stella sighed. "No, it's fine. I want him to get me. Thank you, by the way."

"Not a problem. This party wasn't that great anyway," Chase replied with a shrug.

Stella hummed in agreement.

Chase stayed by Stella's side, offering her a reassuring presence as they waited for Matt to arrive. The cool night air felt refreshing on Stella's flushed cheeks, and she took a few deep breaths to steady herself.

Chase handed Stella a bottle of water, and she took a few sips, trying to rehydrate. Her sobs had subsided, but her emotions were still running high.

After a few moments, the sound of tires on the gravel driveway signaled Matt's arrival. Stella glanced up to see his car pulling up, her heart racing with a mix of relief and stress.

Chase stood up as Matt got out of the car and approached them. "Hey, she's over here," Chase said, pointing to Stella. "She's been having a tough time."

Matt nodded, his expression a mix of concern and determination. "Thanks for looking out for her," he said to Chase before turning his attention to Stella. "Hey, are you ready to go?"

Stella looked up at him, her emotions still raw. "Yeah, I'm ready," she said quietly.

Matt helped her to her feet and wrapped an arm around her for support. "Let's get you home," he said gently.

Chase watched them go, relieved to see Stella in good hands. "Take care, Stella!" he called out as Matt helped her to the car.

Stella waved back weakly as she got into the passenger seat. As Matt backed the car out of the driveway, he glanced over at Stella, who was still visibly upset. "Are you okay?" he asked, his voice gentle yet filled with concern.

Stella looked at him with tired eyes. "What do you think, Matt?" she replied, her tone tinged with frustration.

Matt nodded, understanding her emotions were still raw. He continued to focus on the road ahead, giving her space to process her thoughts.