twenty-nine

twenty-nine

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
illicit affairs
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Stella scrolled through her contacts and found Piper's name, deciding it was time to give her friend a call. Piper picked up on the second ring.

"Are you okay? Why the fuck weren't you answering?" Piper asked, her voice a mix of worry and irritation.

Stella sighed. "I just needed a night without everyone on my ass."

Piper softened her tone. "I'm sorry if I've ever been like that. I didn't mean to push you to that stage."

"It's okay," Stella replied, appreciating Piper's apology. "I don't know if Riley told you, but Matt came and got me and took me home."

Piper seemed surprised. "No, Riley didn't tell me that. What happened?"

Stella explained how Matt had picked her up from the party, helped her get home safely, and made sure she was comfortable before she went to bed.

"He texted me asking if he can come over and talk, but I don't know what to say, Piper," Stella said, her voice laced with uncertainty.

Piper stayed silent for a moment, then asked, "What do you want out of a conversation? No one expects you to get back together, but would a conversation hurt?"

Stella shrugged, even though Piper couldn't see her. "Every time I see his face or think of him, my heart aches. I don't want to get hurt again."

Piper's voice was gentle. "I understand. Maybe it's time to set some boundaries and figure out what you need. You don't have to make any decisions about your relationship yet. Just hear him out and let him know how you're feeling."

Stella took a deep breath, absorbing Piper's advice. "He hurt me a lot, Piper. He jumped into a relationship with Erin just six months later, and now he suddenly wants to talk to me and expects me to willingly hear him out."

"Then tell him that, Stella," Piper said, her tone firm. "Tell him how much he hurt you and how unfair it is. You need time to heal. If he wants you back, he needs to prove it—starting with distancing himself from Erin."

Stella hesitated. "I don't have the right to ask that of him."

"Yes, you do, Stella," Piper insisted. "If he wants you back, he needs to show you he's committed to you, not Erin. There have been plenty of reasons for him to step away from her already, so he should respect your request if you make it."