9

2/17/24

Amara

I wake up slowly, rubbing my eyes as my vision adjusts. I turn and realize Fawn's hands are wrapped around my waist, and her face is tested calmly against my pillow. I'm snuggled into her chest, and the warmth of her body brings a smile to my face. After everything her and I have been through, she never fails to make me smile. I really dont deserve a person like her. I snuggle closer into her, shutting my eyes. I don't want this to end. I just want to stay with her forever.

She shifts in her sleep, a small snore escaping her lips as she pulls me straight into her body, my face mashing into her clothed chest. Blush slowly creeps over my face, but I push those feelings to the side and wiggle away from her tight grasp. I cuddle into her stomach, putting my hands around her waist.

Fawn opens her eyes slightly, putting her hand in my fluffy dirty-blonde hair. "Mara, babe. How long have you been up?" She yawns.

Babe???? BABE??????? No way. "Um.. I, I just woke up." I grin, blushing.

She smiles and rolls her eyes, "Come on, we should get ready. I have a meeting with Sam today."

Sam? Why her? Out of all people? "Why her? I thought we'd stay here for a bit, though.." I pout.

Fawn giggles, "Because I have to get her on your side. And plus, we have a training sesh together anyway." She smiles, pushing hair behind my ear.

I pout, "Mm, fine." I huff sadly, turning away from her dramatically.

She stands from the bed happily, walking to my closet. "Can I borrow some stuff? Is my suit still here?" She turns to me, a small smirk on her lips.

I blush at her nervously, gulping back my nervousness. Her chocolate brown curls fall perfectly on her face, and her brown doe eyes stare at me.

She stares at me blankly, giggling a little. "Earth to Amara? Come on, we have to get ready."

I jump slightly, nodding my head with an embarrassed smile. "Yes, it's in there. Borrow anything."

She rolls her eyes and pulls out her suit, setting it down onto my table.

I continue to stare at her, licking my lips worriedly. "Uhm, I should---"

"Gonna watch me change, babe?" She narrows her eyes.

My eyes widen, "No, no, I'm not! Sorry!-" I say, completely embarrassed now. I turn away, and I hear her shirt being thrown to the floor, along with the zip of her skin-tight suit.

She taps my shoulder, and I tense. "Done. You can look now." She smiles at me as I turn back.

She hugs me tightly, "I'll be back, Amara, I promise. Bye." She walks out, shutting the door.

I roll back, a flustered mess. Oh my god. I'm no better than a man! I turn over and bash my face into my pillow, blushing like crazy. "Oh my god, oh my god. She's so fine, oh my god." I giggle into my pillow, kicking my feet as I think of her. I need to get ready.

I finally collect myself, rushing to my closet to get dressed. I dress myself in my suit, and I begin to get anxious as I think of my family. Surely, today would be better?

I walk out of my room, shutting the door as I walk down to the office area. I spot Mr. Martin and try to walk faster past him, hoping he won't notice me. But of course.. He knows me too well.

"Where do you think you're going, Agent Snaire?" He questions me, grabbing my arm to stare at me closer.

I roll my eyes, my cold facade now back for him to face. "Up your ass, Martin."

He stares at me blankly, "Now you know that's like, really inappropriate. Where are you going, Snaire?"

I narrow my eyes at him, "It's none of your business, Martin. You aren't even my designated escort." I sneer.

Mr. Martin shakes his head, "Stop getting into trouble, Amara. It's not getting good." He says in a hushed voice, staring at me.

There's a type of warning in his voice, like he is on high alert.. "Martin, mind your business. I know what I'm doing." I defend. Why is he worried now..?

"Amara, I'm doing this for you. Just please, don't get in more trouble." He states cautiously, his voice still hushed.

I look to his hand that is covering the microphone attached to him, and the look in his eyes only shows worry. What does he mean he's doing it for me..? "What does that mean, Martin..?"

He shakes his head, looking down at the microphone before looking back at me. "Anyways, Snaire. You need to get back on duty." He uncovers the microphone.

I stare at him suspiciously, turning away and continuing my path down to the office. I think he tries to stop me, but eventually, I'm already in the large room. Security guards all turn to look at me, and I already feel slightly inferior.

The last time I was here, I was sedated and thrown into a confinement cell. I tazed an officer, and he ended up having a heart attack, so I guess they didn't take that lightly. They overreacted, honestly.

I don't even bother talking to the person at the front desk, and people try to stop me, but I walk on anyway.

I arrive at the main headmaster's office, and I barge in. "I'm not killing my family." I announce angrily.

He only glares at me, "Get out, Snaire. Now."

I scoff, "No! I'm not killing them. Take it off the list." I glare.

My headmaster stares at me with a very angered expression, "Your family was awful to you, Amara! Your fake mom willingly wanted to give you away! They ruined you! I created you. And you didn't even know it was your best ally who kept you here in the first place." He states aggressively.

My anger rises. "Because, that's my sister and my brother.. My fake mom has nothing to do with it. It's my siblings!" I frown, tears brimming my eyelids.

"Fine, Amara. I'll do it for you." He states coldly. "Me, or you? Who's going to kill them?"

I stand there shook, gulping back tears. "You can't do that! No." I shout.

"Yes, I can. And now, since you didn't comply. You, or someone you deeply care about." The tall man confirms, smiling.

"You can't do that." I shake my head.

The headmaster grins, "I just did."

What have I done?

• /\ ---------------------------------------------------- /\ •

a/n : if writers block doesnt kill me, poor execution of a story will.

VOTE OR MARTIN DIES