Ninjago Vs. The Ninja

I know it's not the time but stripes actually look hot on me

“Seriously?” Lloyd scoffs looking down at me.

My eyes fell to the hood he had on my hands, “I said ‘I know it wasn't the time.’” I reply looking away.

The judge had yet to make his way back into the courtroom.

“That was the fastest trial I ever saw in my life. How did they convict us so quickly?” Cole asks blankly looking ahead.

I don't know maybe because you actually did it? Well nevermind, sometimes innocent people get convicted, and sometimes guilty people do not.

“I blame Dareth.” Kai blurts.

“And I agree.” I add looking over to the brown ninja in a formal brown suit.

Dareth gasps looking at us, “Why me?”

“Because you're our lawyer, Dareth!”

One should question why we have DARETH as a lawyer, but no one else would take us. I'm serious. NO ONE.

“I told you guys. I took three weeks of law classes. Three weeks! And it was mostly how to get out of traffic tickets.”

I'M GOING TO ROT IN PRISON!

Stop it. I'm trying to think. Lloyd’s voice penetrated my own head.

Well I'm sorry you have to listen to me, maybe you shouldn't have left me for A YEAR!

“OKAY!” He hisses, shooting his head down towards me. I flinch back in surprise, my back hitting Cole's shoulder, “I get it! I'm terrible! I'm sorry!”

Okay so he's definitely stressing out as well. Granted of course he is. Frowning I looked away from him, not wanting to give him the idea that his frustrated reaction scared me.

The others sat behind us, Nya was a calming breath to look at. I miss seeing her face.

“Maybe the judge will go easy on them.” Skylor whispers, leaning towards us. The attention from Lloyd and I was quickly adverted.

Wu narrowed his eyes, “He is nicknamed "Toughbutt".”

“I don't think that's a nickname. I think that's his last name.” Dareth whispers.

Kai rolls his eyes, “Nobody's last name is "Toughbutt".”

“All rise.” A guard states causing all of us to stand from our seats, “The honorable judge William Horace Toughbutt presiding.”

“Wow.” I whisper looking at Dareth's pleased face.

Toughbutt took a seat, “Please be seated.” He bangs his gavel.

“See, I told you.”

Leaning back relaxed, I yawned lazily listening in, “In all my years as a judge, I have never seen such a callous disregard for public safety as I have in this case. The ninja put the entire city at risk by freeing the convicted criminal Aspheera, and then helping to arm her with the very weapon she used to attack this city. Do you have anything to say in your defense before I pass judgement?”