33.

Benny. 

When I woke up my head was pounding, this was ten times worse than the hangover after Lil and Alec's party. Someone had put a bowl next to my bed and  grabbed it as a wave of nausea hit me. Once I was finished throwing up the entire contents of my stomach into the toilet bowl I washed out my mouth and brushed my teeth to get rid of the smell. I pulled my jumper on and walked out of my room, hopefully there would be come breakfast ready.

Mr Baker sat at the kitchen counter looking more dishevelled than I'd seen him before, it was weird since he was usually so put together. He turned to me squinting, he looked like he felt something along the lines of how I did right now. "Rough night?" Mr Baker asked his voice hoarse. 

"That doesn't even begin to describe it." I replied as my vision went black from the tremendous headrush that just came over me. 

"I know the feeling." He replied as I sat down on the chair next to him. 

A moment later the door opened and Caroline waltzed in through the front door, Alfie running past her into the appartment and jumping up onto our chairs. I stroked his head as she walked in closing the door behind her. She was in her running clohtes, white tank and bue shorts a light glimmer of sweat resting on her. 

"Where have you been?" Her father asked tiredly. 

"I went for a run around the resevoir and took Alfie with me."Caroline answere placing two coffees on the counter in front of us, "tall black American for you Daddy and  a cappucino for you right Benny?" 

I nodded confused, "how do you know that?"

"We've only known eachother for eight years now, I'm not a complete idiot I have eyes and ears." She answered placing another brown paper bag on the table. 

"Where's your coffee?" I asked her as she grabbed some plates. 

"Oh, I don't drink coffee, I don't want to increase my heart rate like that." Caroline told me putting the plates down in front of us. 

Of couse not, how was it that she seemed to know everything about me and I had no idea what she liked. The only thing I knew was that her favourite colour was pink and that was only because she wore it almost every day. Caroline put the blueberry muffins she'd had in the paper bags on the plates, "I'm going to go take a shower, so don't you dare eat mine while I'm gone." She turned to her father quickly, "du hast in einer Stunde dein essen mit den Sponsoren, also dusch dich und zie dich velleicht an. Jetzt gerade schaust du bisschen obdachlos aus." (You have  your lunch with the sponsers in one hour, so maybe shower and get dressed. You look a bit homeless right now.)

He rolled his eyes amused, "bist du nicht frech? Ich esse nur schnell und dann mache ich es." (Aren't you cheeky? I'm just going to eat quickly and then I'll get ready.)

"We still have time, we're meeting the others at the fair in the park at four so you have plenty of time to get rid of your hangover by then. I can guarantee you Damien just rolled over in his bed for the first time. They're all still fast asleep." 

I nodded, at least I would need some time to liven up. 

Caroline. 

I showered quickly before pulling on my clothes, a pair of blue flare jeans, a white, satin blouse that was sinched at the chest and a brown suade jacket. It was always colder in New York so I never wore the clothes I did in California. I owned a lot less warm clothes that were pink which was such a shame because it looked so nice on me.

I asked the cheff to make us both pancakes and I grabbed an orange juice from the fridge filling up my glass. I loved going to the fair it was so much fun. I went with my friends every year although it was usually in the summer. When we had about an hour before we had to leave Benny went to get dressed. I hoped he wouldn't realise I'd sent the stuff James had gotten dirty to the dry cleaners because I knew he would bite my head off for it, but luckily he was still in a bit of a hangover fog so it didn't dawn on him.