Chapter 7: Sierra

It has been just over a year since Charlie had heard that he got the role of Luke Castellan in the Percy Jackson series and the show was going to be released soon. Now at seventeen, I had made even more big accomplishments as now my quad jumps were even stronger than before and now I'm able to do combo jumps with my quads. One night, Charlie and I were on a video chat. 

          "So the red carpet premiere event is just in a month and I'm able to invite my family as well as one guest," Charlie said, "I was wondering if you would be interested in being that one guest?" 

          "Where is it and what day?" 

          "It's in New York City at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on December 20th." 

          "Let me look at my schedule and I will also have to ask Coach Taylor to see if she'll allow me to take off some practice time." 

          I then looked at my written down schedule and saw that there was nothing big happening at all around that time. 

          "I will first ask my mother and then I'll ask Coach Taylor and see if they're both good if I come." 

          "I would recommend leaving no later than December 18th for New York City. I can pay for your hotel stay as well." 

          "We'll see if Coach Taylor will be willing to let me miss my practices for that long first before we try to plan anything else. I suspect my parents will be good with it as long as Coach Taylor is good with it." 

          We chatted for a bit longer before I had to end the video chat so that I could get ready for bed. I managed to cross paths with my mother before I headed to bed. 

          "Hey Mom," I said, "I haven't talked to Coach Taylor yet but if she says its okay, would I be allowed to go to the Percy Jackson series premiere that's on December 20th at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City? Charlie invited me to go as his guest." 

          "That's a big travel just for one event but it's not like you get the chance to go to a premiere event like that often at all. I will talk to your dad about it tonight and we'll give you an answer before you leave for practice tomorrow." 

          "Okay thank you Mom! Goodnight!" I said as I headed back to my bedroom. I got into my bed and fell asleep. The next morning I was making my breakfast of a protein and fruit smoothie and a piece of toast with peanut butter and chia seeds. My mother came into the kitchen and began to make her breakfast. 

          "So your dad and I talked," my mother began, "And we decided that as long as Coach Taylor is good with you taking off practice, we're going to allow you to go to the premiere." 

          "Awesome thanks Mom!" I said happily. I finished my breakfast and then grabbed my stuff and left. I arrived at the ice arena and then did my usual off ice warm up and stretching before I got my skates on and got on the ice and did my on ice warm up. Then I ran through my new short program two different times in a row before I took a quick water break and saw Coach Taylor. 

          "Hey Coach Taylor, I have a quick question to ask you." 

          "What is your question?" 

          "I was wondering if you would be willing to let me miss a few practices? My one friend who's an actor invited me to come to the red carpet premiere of the T.V show in New York City and I talked to my parents and they said that as long as you're okay with it, I would be allowed to go. I promise that I will continue to work hard like I always do before and after the premiere event. I would be missing the practices from December 18th to December 22nd and I'll be back the 23rd."