╰┈➤ ❝Did it sound like a fucking compliment to you?❞

"Tanjiro!" You went to hug the burgundy male who was bedridden as he was in a coma for two months. "Thank goodness you're finally awake!" The said male patted your back gently, smiling warmly at you while butterfly girls at the side sobbed in happiness.

Just a few minutes ago, the newcomers split up into two groups as Toman was in another room with their two lost friends while Tenjiku followed you to the patient room, and stared at the pale-looking male who was lying on the bed.

"Man..." Hanma started, having his expressionless face. "How did he even end up in that state?"

"Who knows," Ran replied, shrugging.

"He looks quite beaten up," Kakucho said next, scanning him as Izana did the same. Kisaki was too busy looking around the place, trying to find a way to get back while Rindou was glancing weirdly at the boar guy who was huffing.

"Not gonna be rude but he looks as if he just risen from death," Koko muttered, earning a look from the only Kakushi there as he squinted his eyes at him for trying to jinx the poor male. Sanzu stood not too far from them, leaning on the wall while crossing his arms.

Hearing their conversation, one of the butterfly girls, Naho with her hair parted in the middle with two braided twin-tails tied with green butterfly clips, looked up at them and explained how the burgundy male could get into this kind of situation. "Tanjiro-san went to the mission on behalf of Aoi-san and fought the Upper Moon Six Demon." The other two, Kiyo and Sumi nodded their heads in unison.

They were startled by the small and soft voice as they looked down at them, dropping a sweat. "Is that so..." Kakucho and Koko politely respond, Izana and Sanzu raise their brow slightly at how these three looked quite young to be a worker here.

"Oh." Hanma just let out an oh as a sign he understood.

The three girls nodded again. "Hai!"

"How cute..." Ran uttered in a hushed tone, looking at the smoll girls but it went noticed to Rindou. "Ew, don't be such a weirdo, aniki."

The older brother then retorted. "Eh~ says the one who tried to start a conversation with the boar after he did his split flawlessly." His corner mouth moved up in a smirk

-Flashback-

"Baji?! You're still alive?!" Toman exclaimed at the same time, having a horror face just like they were seeing a ghost in front of them.

The said male was irked by them, pointing at the sheepishly smiled Emma. "Stop with that ass behavior! What about her then?! Doesn't she die too?!"

"You don't have to say that out loud, Baji." The said female awkwardly rubbed her head.

"What?! They are being a complete ass to me!"

You butted in only to make him mad. "Aren't you an ass too when we first met?"