Chapter 4

Axel

My mood was still cold as I watched the car drive away.

I could still feel my anger boiling inside me, but the care for my sister was still present.

It was difficult for me to balance the two emotions, especially after having just witnessed my sister pleading for mercy on the woman's behalf.

I turned to face my sister with a cold and detached voice. "You are too forgiving," I mumbled. "I will not let her live," I added. "The woman doesn't deserve mercy. She kidnapped you, and I will not let her get away with it."

We stood there in the alley for a moment, our eyes locked on each other. The tension and anger were still present but also an underlying sense of affection and care.

My mind was torn between revenge and compassion. The tension was unbroken between us until finally, Lexi spoke up.

"I get that you want to get back at her," she said with empathy in her eyes.

I was struggling to keep it together, and she could see it in my eyes.

She looked at me like she wanted to help but wasn't sure where to start.

"It is only natural to want revenge after something like this, but I am begging you, calm yourself down."

I was consumed with a need for revenge, and I couldn't let anything stand in his way.

I pulled my hands away from her touching and reassuring grip and turned my back on her.

I left her alone and made my way through the alley toward the underground torture room where the woman was being held.

***

Lexi

I woke up from my unconsciousness chained in a room full of blood stains.

As I looked around the room, I spotted a bunch of dangerous objects lying there, which I knew could be used to harm people.

Immediately, my eyes landed on them, I had a flash memory of what happened the previous night, and I knew I had made a grave mistake.

I had stepped into a lion's den.

I stood there, unsure of what to do next. My heart pounding in my chest, I called out "Hello" into the empty room. My voice echoed back at me, bouncing off the walls.

I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched, but I couldn't see anyone around.

All of a sudden, I heard the same sound of footsteps from the previous night echoing through the room, growing louder by the second and heading straight toward my location.

My heart started racing as I tried to remain calm, wondering who or what could be coming my way.

Still shaking in fear when the door cracked open.

A tall guy in a tailored fitted suit with dark and piercing eyeballs and sharp features walked into the room that I was in.

As soon as he walked in, I could feel a familiar aura surrounding the room with a sense of anger. I then realized he was the same guy from the previous that almost killed me.

"Please, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to abduct your sister. I thought she was just a random person. Please let me go, I have a sick brother and I need to take care of him. Please don't hurt me." I begged in fear.

As I continued to beg for mercy, he stared at me with his piercing eyes coldly and silently, without any hint of sympathy or empathy.

He then walks slowly over to a table where some tools are lying around on the surface.

As he picks up one of the tools, his gaze remains cold and ruthless, filled with nothing but vengeance and hate.

With the tool in hand, he then slowly advances towards me.