Chapter 27

By
Brynn Morgan

Copyright © 2023 by – Brynn Morgan – All Rights Reserved.
It is not legal to reproduce, duplicate, or transmit any part of this document in either electronic means or printed format.

Clarrisa sat with Willow and her sisters at her apartment later that night and played back the recording from Hasting's house. The sisters had shed their long cloaks for jeans and T-shirts. They drank bottled water and sat cross-legged on the carpeted floor. The central air unit made a humming sound.

Willow pressed the play button on the box, and they heard a lot of static. "That is probably when I was turning it on and handing it over to Davis to control it," she explained, sipping water.

The women listened intently, and then they heard Clarrisa's voice come over the speaker. She told the entity who she was and then asked for its name.
Silence followed. These things were only sometimes successful, so they were unsure they would learn anything from this session. Clarrisa asked,"Will you follow me to the light?"

Again, she was met with silence, and then there was a crackling sound, and they heard something that sounded like a voice coming over the recorder.
"Rewind it, Willow," Luna said softly. "I heard something. It was faint, but I definitely heard something." She leaned forward, and her eyes were narrowed.

Willow backtracked the recording to the correct marker.

"Will you follow me to the light?"

All the women honed in and listened intently, straining to hear. Ever so slightly, they heard someone say something in a frightening whisper. It was dark and low. "Go."

"Go?" Jasmin said with a questioning tone. "Did it say go?"

Rian spoke up. "I heard, No."

Willow shook her head. "Let's listen again. I'm not sure. I'll rewind it." She reversed it back to the exact minute marker.

"Will you follow me to the light?" Clarrisa asked.

"No," in an eerie whisper.

Willow's eyes widened."The voice told her no!"

They all agreed that this was what had been said, not go."Keep playing it," Luna said.

The Sisters heard the voices of Lainie and Emily as they heard a sound behind them. They listened to their sharp intake of breath."Can you tell me why you wish to stay here? Did you die in this house?"

Again, they were met with silence, and they heard very audibly, "Die." In the creepiest voice imaginable.

Willow's voice was full of excitement and fear at the same time."The voice said die!" The sisters nodded in unison.

"Did you die in this house? Silence. Nothing. Just dead air. Did someone hurt you? I am sorry that you are trapped here. I want to help you."

They were met with static and the slamming of a door in the distance, Emily screaming, and then they heard again. "Die." The voice was flat and sinister. It lacked all emotion.

Jasmin wrapped her arms around her to ward off the cold chills enveloping her body. "This voice. It is communicating Die," she said in a slightly shaken whisper.

The sisters looked at her. "You are right," Clarrisa said in agreement. The recording continued. "Is this your doll?" she asked. "Can you tell me your doll's name?"
There was a brief silence, and then.

"Doll." The voice whispered spookily.

"Is that you? Are you saying hello? My name is Clarrisa. I want to be your friend and end your pain. Will you tell me your name? You don't have to suffer anymore? I want to help you."