Reunited With Dad

Last time

"Hey dad...."

Continuation

Percy person POV

For me. Being with my father was everything. mother was good but she could never take father place.

"Son... I know you might be angry at me...I never got to see you but ya know... I have--"

Dad broke the hug as he was trying to explain things Which I already knew, so I stopped him.

"I know. Dad. I know."

I said. Dad smiled as he looked at me and then at mom.

"You raised him really well...."

Dad said. Smiling..
Mom also smiled and replied.

"Obviously. I ought to raise him well. He is my son after all."

Mom said as we all chuckled.
But then a thing clicked in my mind.

"Aunt. Previously you called me 'Your champion' in front of all the Olympians. And I also remembered. You always used to call me champ. So....... Is there a thing I am missing"

I asked her. She looked at me and then looked at mom.

"Always.... Paying attention to small details.... Just like someone I know."

She said smiling and looking at mom.

"Really Hera. If he is not Poseidon Son. By his behaviour and attitude. Anyone could tell from a mile away that he is your Son."

Aunt said as mom chuckled lightly and then kissed my cheeks.

"Ofcourse. He should be like me. Afterall I'm his mother."

It was a good family time and before I forget about that 'champion' topic because of my ADHD. I again asked her.

"Back to the topic. Why you called me. Your champion."

I asked her. And she sighed and said.

"It means what it means. you are my champion. You have power over hearth. You could summon fire and homemade meals and could give people hope"

She said. After all these things. It doesn't even suprises me. I just nodded my head..

Then I looked at mom and asked her.

"I think now it's my time to go to camp half blood to start my quest."

I said.. and just from the expression I could tell. Mom didn't want me to get. She didn't even want me to do this quest.

"Yes.... You need to go. And finish this quest. So that we could return to normal"

Mom said as she composed herself. Dad and aunt smiled. I also smiled. But internally I know.
This is the point in my life. Where it's no turning back.

But still. Like my mom taught me I never showed them my feelings.

"I will teleport you near camp half blood."

Dad said. But mom interjected and said.

"Let me drop him there.."

Mom said. Dad agreed too.

So for the last time. I hug dad and then aunt Hestia before going to camp half blood.

"Hold my hand and close your eyes. I'll flash us there."

She said as I held her hand. And then closed my eyes as per instruction.

"Now you could open you eyes."

I heard her say.

I opened my eyes and found myself in woods. I was confused and then looked at mom.

"I flashed us half a mile away from camp half blood. You have to walk from here... And.. I also wanted to talk to you."

She said. I nodded signalling her to continue and for my suprise. She came near me and caressed my cheeks and as she spoke

"Percy..... I know..... you are just a child... weighted with.... all those responsibilities.... I know you are trying to be an adult... Trying to imitate my poker face... And hiding your nervousness... But Remember you are still a child... Don't push yourself too hard."

Mom said as I smiled a sad smile and said.

"I guess I can't even hide a single thing from you."

I said as I hug her.

"A mother could tell what there child feels. Even from thousands of miles away."

She said as I chuckled.
We broke and hug and to be honest now I feels light. I smiled

"Well... Now. you will go to camp half blood. There Chiron will guide you to start your quest... Got it. And another. It would be better if you don't tell them you are my son."

She said. Now any other person would think that she is ashamed of me. But me. A guy with smart brain said.

"Being a son of Poseidon will itself bring trouble. If they found I'm son of Hera. The queen and Poseidon. That would cause chaos."

I said. Telling her I understood what she meant. She smiled and kissed my forehead.

"... I guess now .... It's time to go."

I nodded and hugged her for the last time.

" I love you mom."

"I love you too Percy."