Prologue

Y/n's POV:

Y/n's POV:

The school bell rang, everyone sighed in relief because school was over. All of them were packing their things and rushed out of the classroom. I took my things and headed out the classroom I was in.

Ever since I was adopted by Cecilia Schariac, I have been quite living well in the past 6 months. I was attending school and made a few acquaintances with my classmates.

But it doesn't mean I could trust my new 'family' easily. Everyday I can sense that someone is watching me wherever I go. Going to school, to the mall, hanging out with my classmates, and going back home.

Heck! Someone even disguises themselves as a teacher to watch over me.

Those Schicksal don't trust me ever since the 2nd eruption. But I don't trust them either. They were the ones who were responsible for my friend's death and me.

While I was heading back home, I felt someone was following me. I clicked my tongue in annoyance.

"Those pesky humans."

I ran through the alley way as fast as I could and open up a portal to teleport me back to my room. I threw myself onto my bed and stared up at the ceiling.

'Why did I agree to be adopted?' I thought.

I heard a knock coming from my door. I sat up and opened the door, only to be revealed my new 'mother'.

"Y/n, you're already here. You should head downstairs it's already dinner time." Cecilia informed me.

"Okay, I'll be down there in a sec." I said.

Cecilia nodded and left. I closed the door and looked up at the wall clock to see the time.

"It's already 7pm." I mumbled.

I went to my closet and wore some clothes that I'm comfortable with since I was still wearing my uniform. I get out of my room and went downstairs, I saw my 'family' waiting for me at the dinner table.

"You're here, Kiana couldn't wait to eat already." Cecilia chuckles.

I went to my seat and grab some food that was on the table. While we were eating our feed, Cecilia and Siegfried stopped eating with their food and they both looked at me.