Chapter 1

Thirds POV:

Thirds POV:

"Ouch!"

"Ouch!!"

"It hurts!"

Excruciating pain took her entire consciousness and drew deep, bloody marks on her mind. Tears burst out of her eyes and blurred her vision.

"This subject is no use either." The researcher said. The man's voice was devoid of any emotion. He walked away with heavy footsteps.

Under the relentless assault of sharp, incessant pain, every cell was crying out loud and struggling for relief.

"It hurts so much... Mama, it hurts... mama... mama..." Y/n cried out.

Maybe this psychological trick was effective, crying for mom did alleviate the pain slightly. Y/n labored to stand up and looked at the other kids who received the "check-up".

"Avrora? Agata? Bella? Are you... alright?" Y/n asked her friends.

But no response.

Y/n nudged the shoulder of the kid next to her, but the touch was cold and rigid.

"Bella, Bella..." Y/n said.

The touch was a familiar sensation. Her mom's hand felt the same when she passed away. And it meant - she'd never come back.

"Bella... Bella... wake up..." Y/n was slightly shaking Bella's body, hoping she'll wake up. Tears began to well up her dried eyes again, dropping on her wounded body.

Everyone here was orphaned in the disaster. An organization named Schicksal took them in and provided shelter. All they asked in return was - a simple check-up. Grown-ups said the kids were lucky to have a natural antibody...

"Liars... you're all liars!" Y/n muttered.

Waiting for the kids were nothing but endless pain and the final relief of death. They were consumables with a serial number. They ran out of their use very soon.