Chapter 25: Confirmation

I hope you're enjoying Yasmin. Don't forget to share your thoughts in the comments and vote as that's what keeps me motivated.
Thank you♥️

*

Word of the altercation spread rapidly within the family like wildfire, sparking a flurry of gossip and speculation. Within hours, everyone was aware that Zarah and Fahad had engaged in a lovers' quarrel.

The atmosphere within the family became charged with scrutiny and judgment. Fahad's actions were met with shame and disappointment as family members grappled with the revelation of his extramarital affair, despite having a loving wife by his side.

Rumors began to swirl, fueled by whispers and conjecture. Some speculated that Zarah may be pregnant with Fahad's child, further tarnishing his reputation. Others whispered that Fahad was evading responsibility, refusing to acknowledge the child due to Zarah's reputation for being involved with multiple men.

Amidst the chaos of accusations, tensions simmered within the family, casting a shadow over their once harmonious relationships. The aftermath of the altercation threatened to unravel the fabric of trust and loyalty that had bound them together, leaving a sense of unease and uncertainty in its wake.

Hajiya called for Fahad early in the morning, urging him to stop by the family house on his way to the office.

"Salamu Alaikum" He greeted, entering Hajiya's living room. He met her sitting on the couch staring him down as he sat beside her. "Good morning" he added.

Hajiya's voice carried a note of concern. "Fahad, I've been hearing some troubling rumors about you and that Zarah girl. Is there something you need to tell me?" she said going straight to the point.

He hesitated, his heart pounding in his chest. "Um, what rumors, Hajiya? I-I'm not sure what you're referring to."

"Don't play coy with me, Fahad. People are saying that you and Zarah have been getting a little too close for comfort. I hope they're not true?"

He swallowed hard, trying to compose himself. "Mama, you know how people can be. They like to gossip about anything and everything. There's nothing going on between me and Zarah, I assure you."

"Fahad, I raised you better than this. If there's something you're not telling me, you need to be honest with me. I won't tolerate any deceit."

His defenses rose, but he couldn't reveal the truth for he knew how disappointed his mother will be if she found out. "Hajiya, I promise you, there's nothing going on between me and Zarah. You have to believe me."

She regarded him with skepticism. "I hope you're telling me the truth, Fahad. I don't want to see you get hurt because of some foolishness. You have a loving wife, who deserves nothing but loyalty and respect."

He forced a smile, trying to mask his unease. "Of course, Hajiya. You know I would never do anything to jeopardize our family's reputation. Trust me, everything is fine."

"Alhamdulillah" she sighed with relief before adding "I know you and Zarah were a thing a long time ago when you two were studying in London" He looked up and met her gaze, his eyes filled with guilt.

"I was never happy of your relationship. That girl did not deserve to be with you. She is mannerless, characterless and very disrespectful. Weren't you here few years back, when her father came to beg Baba to intervene and talk sense into her. That she had moved into her own house because they cautioned her against inviting men into his house. Toh, if her blood parents don't know how to get through to her and have a respectful relationship, who do you think you are?" She said rushing through her sentences visibly looking red with anger.