Chapter 20: Jealousy

"Who.The.Hell.Was.That?" Fahad shouted. "Answer me" he screamed as he held my arms in a tight grip.

My heart started pounding. I forcefully withdrew my arm and walked towards my wing.

"Yasmin I'm talking to you" he said as he followed me.
"How many men do you follow? " he asked.

"Subhanallah" I said as I looked at him. "Is that how you look at me?" I asked as my eyes teared up.

"I don't know" he said as he looked at me.
"You tell me. What do you want me to think? I just saw you coming out of another man's car smiling like you won a million dollars "

"You're unbelievable" I said as I walked into my room.

"Unbelievable? Is that the best you could come up with?" He said as he entered my room. "How many times have you met? Has he been in this house? Tell me!"

"Enough " I screamed. "You have the guts to question me of why another person dropped me at home?
You knew that I didn't have a car with me.
You dropped me at work and you were meant to pick me up. But what did you say when I called you ? I'm busy yasmin I'll call you back later. Do you know how long I've been sitting outside the hospital? Even when he offered to take me home, I said no because I didn't want you to go looking for me. But instead of you to apologize to me, you're here making stupid assumptions. You do this thing every single time Fahad" At this point I couldn't even hold back the tears.
"So please Fahad get out of my room "
I said.

"I'm sorry" he said. He walked towards me and held my hands. "I'm sorry"

""Fahad " I said calmy as I withdrew my hands.

"Yes" he said.

"Get out" I said as I sobbed.

"I said I'm sorry "

"You don't get to do stuff everytime then come back and apologize. Things don't work that way in life. You do hurtful things everytime then apologize to me. " I said as I wiped my tears.
"Please get out" I added.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I looked at Fahad and took the call.
"Hello Mama" I said. Fahad looked at me with wide eyes.

"Na'am yasmin. Aren't you coming anymore?" She asked.

"I got off work late" I said as I looked at Fahad. "but we're coming now"

"Okay" she said. "Wait what happened? Are you crying?"

"No" I sniffed. " I caught a cold " I saw Fahad calm down.

"Okay then till you come."

"Okay" I said.

I looked at Fahad "Do you want me to go to my parents' like this?"

"No" he said looking scared.

"Then get out"

"Fine" he said as he walked out.

I rushed into the bathroom and took a bath. After coming out of the shower, I wore an ankara skirt and blouse.
I rubbed powder on my face, drew an eyeliner and then applied a red lipstick.

I walked out towards the garage and saw Fahad sitting in the car. I opened the car and sat down.
We drove towards our house in an uncomfortable silence.
I opened the car door as soon as we reached the house
"Yasmin"

"What?" I asked.

"Can you.."

"Can I act like we're a perfect couple? Isn't that what I do everyday?" I said as I left the car and walked towards the house.