Game One

Quinn and Marla back at it again

Mars was chilling on her bean bag chair with her Vancouver Canucks colouring book, as always. The team was getting ready for off ice warm ups before their first playoff game of the post season against the Nashville Predators. As the team was going to leave, Marla ran over to Quinn and latched onto his leg.

"What's up, Mars?" Quinn laughed, picking her up and continuing to follow the team down the hallway.

"I wanted to come watch." Marla shrugged, swinging her legs back and forth while laying her head on his shoulder.

Quinn hummed and placed her down by the media person before walking over to the circle of men. Marla watched and laughed a few times as the boys missed the ball. Brock ran over to her and picked her up, tickling her after she laughed at him. After he put her down, he grabbed her hand and they both went to the circle where she joined in a significantly less violent game of sewer ball.

"Daddy!" Marla squealed as her dad picked her up from behind, throwing her up and catching her a few times. She laughed and squirmed when he trapped her.

"You got me out, you silly!" Quinn smiled. She continued giggling and squirming while he continued playing with her trapped in his arms, careful to not hurt her.

Eventually, they all went back to the locker room with Marla still trapped in Quinn's arms. She was asking Demko a million goalie questions once he was in his gear and, as always, he answered all of them with a smile. He loved her interest in becoming a goalie and how she went to him for it.

"I'm, like, literally as big as the pads." Marla said with wide eyes as she stood next to Demko's pads. He laughed and nodded.

"I guess so, huh?" He smiled at her, ruffling her hair. The rest of the team walked down the tunnel for warm ups.

Quinn walked up to his daughter and picked her up from behind again. She giggled and didn't try resisting that time, falling slack in his arms. He smiled and walked onto the ice still with her and gave her his stick. She shot a puck at Demko and he let it in which made her happy before Quinn brought her off.

When the actual game began, Marla was on the bench, as always, sitting beside DeSmith. Quinn's only rule for her on the bench was that she was always by the goalie in case a puck flew in so he could catch it if it went near her. And she always listened.

"Yay daddy!" Marla cheered, jumping up and down when Quinn got the puck, sprinting down the ice. The team stood up as Quinn passed the puck Suter, who shot the puck and scored.

The whole bench erupted in cheers as they had tied the game back up to 2-2. Marla stuck her hand over the bench excitedly and all the guys high fived her with a smile. Quinn was back on the bench after that and sat next to her. She sat on his lap since the period was almost over and went on and on over how cool the goal was.

He smiled at her and put her down when the buzzer went, both the teams walking back to the dressing room. Marla sat beside Quinn in his stall while the coach went over a few things and plays to the team. 

Post Game

The game ended in a 4-2 victory for the Canucks, meaning the locker room was lit. Music was playing loudly and the team was talking, some singing and dancing. Marla was the life of the party as she jumped around the room. Brock stood up and started dancing with her, making her smile and giggle in happiness. Once the music changed to Beauty and a Beat by Justin Bieber, though? 

"IN TIME, INK LINES, ___ COULDN'T GET ON MY INCLINE." Marla rapped, skipping the swears of course. The team all hyped her up. "WORLD TOURS, IT'S MINE. TEN LITTLE LETTERS ON THE BIG SIGN." She continued, jumping up and down happily. "JUSTIN, BIEBER. YOU KNOW I'MMA HIT 'EM WITH THE ETHER. BUNS OUT, WIENER. BUT I GOTTA KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR SELENER." Brock twirled her around as she continued on. "BEAUTY, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. BEAUTY FROM THE EAST. BEAUTIFUL CONFESSIONS OF THE PRIEST. BEAST, BEAUTY FROM THE STREETS. BEAT WILL GET DECEASED. EVERY TIME BEAUTY ON THE BEAT, EAT." She finished off, still jumping up and down.

Quinn laughed and hugged Marla as she ran over to him and jumped onto him. He still had his gear on from waist down but let her sit there anyway. She continued singing to the music playing over the speaker when she finally stood up, allowing her dad to shower and change. 

Once Quinn was ready, the two left to their decently big apartment. When Mars ran in, their massive dog, Zucker, ran over to her and tackled her to the floor while she laughed and hugged the big guy. Quinn shook his head and chuckled at the two, picking Zucker up off Marla and placing him down beside her. Zucker let out a whining sound but followed Marla as she ran to her room to change and go to sleep. Quinn walked behind the two and helped her change and tucked her into bed, allowing Zucker to jump up and cuddle with her.

"Night, Mars." Quinn whispered, kissing Marla's forehead lightly. She mumbled something of a good night back before falling asleep. Quinn chuckled and took a picture of her and Zucker, posting it to his public account.

 Quinn chuckled and took a picture of her and Zucker, posting it to his public account

_quinnhughes✔️

Caption: Mars and Zucker 
Liked by jackhughes, lhughes_06, and 142k others

Comments:

@jackhughes✔️: cutie patooties
↳@lhughes_06✔️: jackhughes I've never heard you say those words before
↳↳@user29758: jackhughes notice me!!!

@lhughes_06✔️: other than Jack being acoustic and single handedly ruining the comment section, my fav niece just made my day
↳@user08275: lhughes_06 THAT'S DISS I'M DYING

tap to load more...

***

Double post from me today? After not posting for like two or three weeks? Crazy

WC: 1035