Chapter 2

Zealand's POV

I watch how she tiredly locks up the door to her house and walks inside and despite being tired she invites me in and I fallow her inside and help her with her shoes and while she goes upstairs to her bedroom I presume I go to kitchen and write my name and number on a piece of paper that I had in my pocket (perks of being a mechanic and a cowboy) after I finish writing down my number I go back and put on my shoes as Colette comes down the stairs in cute pyjamas with her hair braided in a thick long braid.

when she finally took final step down the stairs she moved closer to me and gave me a hug and I could feel it in her body language that something happened today that has really upset her so I didn't let her go until she wanted the hug to end. "Sunshine I want you to know that you are always welcome to my ranch if you ever need anything or just want someone to talk to" she nods her head with a smile that clearly looks like it's being forced upon her beautiful face but decided not to comment on it and just let her tell me when she feels like it.

After a few minutes she let go of the which meant it was time for me to leave so we said goodbye and she locked the door behind me I saw Mr Kragh, Colette's older neighbor who lives across the lake pretty irritated but I just brushed it off as elderly being annoyed by two youngsters as he calls us who are still awake at this late hour and besides I wouldn't consider myself or Colette to be "young" because I'll be turning 24 on May 28th and Colette will be turning 22 on April 8th so technically me and Colette aren't young but we aren't old either but I ignore these thoughts and start going back to my own house.

After a few minutes of walking I finally get to my house but before I go inside to hit the hay I go inside into the stable to make sure that all the horses are in their stalls since the newcomer, a palomino Paint stallion named Helios is a little anxious and might accidentally hurt himself or others if he gets spooked. After making sure that all horses are asleep and safely but in their stalls I go inside to get ready for bed.

The next morning I wake up a little earlier than normal since I need to get all the horses out of the way so the vet can come to check on Winona who has been able to spend time with her brother or the other horses due to her injury.

"Alright girl it's time to see if you get the green light to spend time with others" she neighs in response as the vet parks outside the ranch and starts walking towards me with a bag in his hand.

After two hours the vet leaves after giving me the green light to allow Winona to spend time with the others so walk with her into the arena so she can walk around a bit while I get the others.

An hour pass and Colette is nowhere to be seen, and no I'm not a stalker or anything crazy like that but since Colette looked pretty upset yesterday I thought that she would want someone to talk to since most people that live here are either elderly or young couples who come here for the summer.