Darcy & Chester Part 2

Chester's POV:

I was worried. Darcy hadn't been in for a week. At this point she was the only reason I bothered to go in. She had such a big effect on me.

I thought something might have happened to her. I didn't want to seem desperate and spam her with messages.

The last time I texted her, I got punched by Conner. Why does he act so defensive when all he wants is her body?

I walked into school, as I thought, Darcy wasn't in any of her lessons. I had one lesson left but it was maths. Darcy hated maths.

Conner probably didn't know that. He probably doesn't even know her favourite lesson either.

Art.

Darcy was amazing at art. She knew that. She normally showed me all her paintings when she finished her lesson, but she hasn't recently.

I missed her. A lot. Maybe she was just sick? I am definitely overreacting, but when you like someone so much and for so long, you can't stop thinking about them.

Darcy is the only girl i've ever... loved. All my other relationships have been stupid and only a week long. This was real.

I took a deep breath and walked into maths. I couldn't contain my smile when I saw Darcy sat down in the back row.

I quickly sat next to her and put my bag down.

'Hey, Darcy!' I greet her lovingly. She doesn't answer, she just looks at me with watery eyes.

My smile fades and I soften my expression.

'Whats wrong? Did something happen?' I ask with care. My first conclusion was Conner dumped her, but would she really be that upset? She did seem pretty disappointed with him yesterday.

'Conner..' She mutters and looks back down at her hands, playing with her fingers.

'Did he break up with you?' I asked, she answered my question with a nod.

'Well was there a specific reason?' I asked as I start to gently rub her back. It sent shivers up my spine, being this close to her. I figured she wouldn't mind the touch.

'He broke up with me because I wouldn't have sex with him,' she says, sniffing as a tear rolled down her cheek.

I stopped rubbing her back, my hand resting there. This was way worse than I imagined. A part of me wanted to admit my love to her as she was single now, but it wasn't right.

I look over at Conner who was flirting with the girl infront of him. He had a smug expression. I caught eye contact with him.

Normally I would look away like a loser, but I wanted to stand up for Darcy.

I stared him deep into his eyes.

word count: 458